Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Toyota 4 Life
Supra and Camry
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like them but i think the one where the Truck does the 0-60 test and goes through the gate and stops just before it goes off the cliff....is that true....or pushing it??:confused:

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Well, it does say in the beginning of the ad, "actual demonstration". :dunno:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
I saw one the other day where it pulls a large load up a really steep platform, then back down and stop before it hits the end. Showing off it's powerful V8 and oversized disc brakes.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
TravisAe86 said:
I like them but i think the one where the Truck does the 0-60 test and goes through the gate and stops just before it goes off the cliff....is that true....or pushing it??:confused:
Its the real deal. What you need to see is the making of the video that Toyota showed behind close doors. All with the stuntmen and saftey nets.:)

·
Registered
502 Posts
geoff5093 said:
I saw one the other day where it pulls a large load up a really steep platform, then back down and stop before it hits the end. Showing off it's powerful V8 and oversized disc brakes.
The one with the giant see-saw? That's a great ad. I also like the ones where they show the oversize ring gear and disc brake rotors. Good stuff.

Those ads are on all the time; I see at least one every half-hour I watch TV. Toyota's really pushing the new Tundra; good for them.

C

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
The new Tundra ads have to be some of the best in the industry. I love seeing Toyota do stuff like that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I thought the new Tundra was a bit big-boy-toy dorky-looking when I first saw the design. Seeing it in the commercials is causing it to grow on me a bit... Of course, I thought the 1997 Tacoma was too cutesy-looking but I guess it grew on me too! :lol:

C

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
I love the voice in the commercial where the SEE-SAW happens.. the pulling and then stopping.. Anyway... KOOL .... :thumbup:

·
Why Chu Gotta Be A Douche
2006 Tacoma 4D 4WD
201 Posts
The comercials worked on me. I might be trading in my Tacoma for an 07 Reg cab SB 5.7L.

But I dont know if I want the sports apearence pkg or the TRD OR pkg. If I get the sports

then I get 20in rims that I think look great and the cost would be alot lower and the truck

would be lighter due to not having the 4x4. But the off orad would have the blistens

and 18s with ATs. I could use the 4x4 as much as I do now and in the summer I can use it

when I head up to the country to visit friends and party and what not (mudding). And I can

always use the tow pkg for the oil and tranny coolers. And if I do get the fully loaded one

the payments will be less as well as insurance. But the length of payments would be longer

(4 years). So basicly I would buy the truck (way) under msrp, $3,575 I think) set up the

plan, thentrade in the taco for around $16000 (the worth minus what I owe and such) give or

take. Then use that on the tundra and continue on with life as I know it with a brand new

truck. Lower payments, less payments, Lower insurance (-$1000), And a ticket is comming

off so even lower insurance ($800-$900). Basicly what I loose on the truck, I also loose on

how much I have to pay on the Tundra so it equals out. What do you guys think?

Sorry for ranting on like that. It's been hectic(sp) at work and I havent had alot of time to

check this site out. Sorry for any run on sentance, mispellings, or any other

grammatical errors you have had to read. I've been up since 2:30pm yestarday so I'm a bit

tired. Any hoo I'lll check you guys later. I have traffic court at 8:30am so I'll be up for a

while. But its ok because it's been 18 months since the last time I went to traffic school

online so I can do it for this one. Nore more tickets..... I hope..... See ya.

Edit: I tried to format it right. Sorry, I couldn't.

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
Real demonstrations..unlike the bullshit Chevy Silverado pulling a train and railroad cars, or the "submarine Hummer".

Go to the Toyota website and click on the "demonstrations" at the Tundra section. There is about 5 video's of the Tundra going up against 4 other trucks (F-150, Silverado, Ram, Titan) in different towing and non-towing, accellerating and hard braking senario's. It's awesome! "The Truck that's Changin' it all!"

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
406 Posts
Yep- Those are the demo's. The most impressive (IMO) is the towing of 8.5K and then slamming on the brakes....all the trucks did well but the Tundra was....Awesome!

And some of the unbiased magazines are getting the same results in their testing too. One bad-ass truck!

·
I Drive Slow Cars
95 Posts
those commercials of the new Tundra are classic. My favorite one is where the dude says Happy Birthday at the end of it. I dont remember which one it was, but it was a good one. Anyways me and my dad have been talking and I might be trading in my 02 Double Cab Taco for a 5.7 C cab or a 4Runner...dont know yet...but its going to happen one way or another.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
All I know is that I want one. Looks great!

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,984 Posts
TaWcomA26 said:
My favorite one is where the dude says Happy Birthday at the end of it. I dont remember which one it was, but it was a good one.

Yeah that's one of my favorites too. I think its the transmission one. Most half-tons come with a 4-speed automactic, you wanted a six-speed...happy birthday. Its just funny how he says happy birthday that makes it so funny or classic.:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts