Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota's Sales Up!
- " hot XRS variant helped drive sales"
- "The company's car division marked its best-ever June, delivering 12,297 vehicles to buyers, up 13.1 per cent."
"In the luxury SUV segment, sales of the RX 330, GX 470 and LX 470 surpassed the 2003 six-month figure by 21.5 per cent."

Honda Sales Down!
- "lineup of aging models has contributed to a steady decline in Canadian sales"
- Acura sales reached peak of 165,331 in 2002 but slid to 154,630, that mirrors a decline in the overall market
- honda's sales dropped 13%
- civic down 15.3%
- CRV down 17.5%
- Accord down 19.2%
- Odyssey down 11.6%
- MDX down 7.6%
- "Toyota has been more aggressive at bringing products to market to fill various segments and niches," said Travell. "This has hurt Honda from a sales standpoint."

Comments?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well its not like toyota owners needed numbers to know that we drive better cars. I mean sardene cans that make a lot of noise are in all the car shows, but their a thing of the past. Scion tC's are gonna boost toyota sales plenty. GO TOYOTA GO :)

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
this makes me wounder how the honda pickup truck is gonna do, kinda seems like the market is losing faith in honda. i can totally see why the odyssey is down, it seems like its had the same design for the last ten years, even though from what i've heard they are actually a very excellent mini van

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
Fresco Bob said:
this makes me wounder how the honda pickup truck is gonna do, kinda seems like the market is losing faith in honda. i can totally see why the odyssey is down, it seems like its had the same design for the last ten years, even though from what i've heard they are actually a very excellent mini van

honda pickup, whens that coming pics???

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Some pickup that is... if I remember right it's based on the MDX, which in turn rides the same chassis as the Odyssey (which is still one of the top minivans, age aside).

Steve

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
that new honda truck looks like those chevy avalanches/cadillac escalade trucks in a way :whatthe:

the new accord looks nice but i think the rear end looks kinda like a benz...i dunno what do ya'll think?

Keri

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
News Flash:

Toyota will compete with the infamous Honda S2000 by reviving their popular Corolla GT-S (aka AE86) under a name unknown. The car will be light, nimble, and much more powerful than the origional - and of course, it will be RWD. Two versions will be available. The first is a high-revving 2 liter inline 4 with a redline approaching 9,000 RPM's. The second version will be a turbo version making a rumored 250 HP and having a 7,000 RPM redline. The curb weight is to be about 2,500 pounds. The non-turbo car will start at about $20,000 and the turbo model will cost approximatly $25,000. The cars will arrive in dealers sometime in 2005. There is also a rumored Scion version of the car.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Trdkamuri510 said:
^^proof??? if not im calling bs internet rumors
:D

All I can say is I WISH!!!

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
kenratboy : your an ass i got all excited i hate you :(

that honda pick up looks like the a redisigned honda element?

btw kenratboy your a freakin' tease:disappoin

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My only question is - why not?

They could, it would sell well. Car & Driver would probably crap their pants with excitement (they like light, fast cars like that), so it would review well and be on the covers of all the car mags. I bet the car would SELL ITSELF, and Toyota would simply need to supply them. Toyota could also make a large aftermarket and sell TRD parts for the car, of which lots of people would probably buy them, further boosting the profit per car.

WHY NOT!!!???

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ken is a tease, I was about to start doing a search for pics and specs.

kenratboy said:
My only question is - why not?

They could, it would sell well. Car & Driver would probably crap their pants with excitement (they like light, fast cars like that), so it would review well and be on the covers of all the car mags. I bet the car would SELL ITSELF, and Toyota would simply need to supply them. Toyota could also make a large aftermarket and sell TRD parts for the car, of which lots of people would probably buy them, further boosting the profit per car.

WHY NOT!!!???
The slogan could be, think S2000, but better

The all new 2005 Toyota ......Sonic (if toyota ever uses this name, I better be seeing a paycheck)

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
new AE86?!?!?!?!

this is a joke right??

Anyway, GO TOYOTA

My parents have a 2004 Odyssey, and b4 that they had a 2001.

Its a damn ssweet van, as much as i h8 minivans and honda

The thing has great pick-up and handles pretty well, when empty.... even with 6 passengers its still quite nimble for its size.

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
i've seen this in person. where i'm working at valet, i probably drive at least 1 or 2 gen 5 camry's every day, whereas i've probably only driven 2-3 new accords in over a month. granted the camry has a year of extra sales, but that doesn't make up for the gap. toyota is the best, that's all there is to it!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Ha ha, I am a ass.

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
andyman61 said:
toyota is the best, that's all there is to it!
In my opinion, yes... toyota is simply the best. Overall, its the better car manufacturer.
But when it comes to producing faster and hi reving engines, its way behind Honda. I like honda's engines when it comes to racing. But Toyotas are wayyyy more reliable cars than Hondas because of their quality.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts