Toyota Nation Forum banner

Toyota Venza V6 Oil Change W/Pictures

184K views 135 replies 45 participants last post by  toyvenza2014 
My wife brought our 2009 V6 in for the 10K maintenace and requested synthetic oil as we supposedly had put in @ 5K. The 5K oil was a 5W-30 Castrol. I requested a synth blend but they didn't have so they put in a full synth for the same price although I just checked the window sticker I stapled to the receipt from back then and it has GTX checked which I know is not synth. I remember I questioned this at the time and the service mgr assured my the full synth was put it. When I checked @ 8900 miles the oil looked very clean unlike it did @ 4800 miles so I would think this would be true or at least I hope so.

When I checked the receipt from the 10K change it listed 0W-20. The window decal also listed Castrol 0W-20. Is this OK? I thought 0W-30 synth should be used in lieu of 5W-30 and 0W-20 in lieu of 5W-20. I am not a car expert so any help would be appreciated.
FYI: I talked to the service manager about oil and 5W-30 is used for all Venza's if not the warranty will be voided. If I where you, I ould go back to the dealer and dump the 0W-20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.