Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I bought my car (96 V6 Camry) used from a dealership and when I recieved the keys for it, I got no remotes. The car clearly seems to have come with the factory alarm but Im 100% sure that sometime along its life the alarm was disabled somehow. Probably because one of the owners lost the remotes.
I have this light in my middle console that says around it "Toyota Security system". But the light has never blinked in the entire time I owned it. And on the windows I have a little sticker that says "Toyota VIP system".

Now to what I want to do:
Is there somehow I can re-enable the security system? I can find the remotes on ebay dirt cheap and program them myself.

I searched the forums but only found threads about people trying to disable it or change it to after market alarms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
482 Posts
i like the toyota alarms. they work pretty good. (the newer ones at least).

How to engage it, I wouldnt be able to tell you. But programing the remotes is something that Id be able to find out for you.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to program them. But it seems that no one knows how to re-enable the OEM alarm. :(

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
for all alarm related sources, check out www.the12volt.com under security sub forum and they can link you to the site that sell the factory remotes according to ur VIN # and such....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts