Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 89 Toyt, 2 wheel drive pick-up, with 5 lug stock wheels. I want to put different wheels on, but don't want to buy aftermarket ones. Are there any other wheels, such as made by Ford, Chevy, Nissan, etc. that might work? I just want to dress the ol' truck up a little without spending a bunch of cash. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, Jeep wheels fit fine on standard 5 lug rims without modifications? If so, that is good news. Thanks

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
bolt pattern in 5-4.5. those wheel wells are huge. most reasonable size wheels will fit

·
Languishing in Virginia
1994 XtraCab 4x4 P/U
2,026 Posts
I think someone said Ford Mustang wheels fit, too.

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
I had the same problem and here is what I found :- your (and my) wheel size is
PCD - 5 X 114 or 5 X 114.3 ( the 0.3 mm is so small it makes no difference) your centre bore is 60.1 mm so anything of that size or bigger will fit so here we go.
Toyota - avensis verso, camry, mr2 w2, picnic, previa, rav4, sienna, supra
Nissan - x trail, serena, maxima / qx, almera tino
Mitsubushi - vr4, space wagon, pinin, outlander, grandis, fto, evolution iv, v, diamante
Mazda - 3, 6, 626, 929, mpv, premacy, rx 8, tribute, xedos 6, 9
Lexus - es 300, gs 300 / 400, is 200 / 300, ls 400, rx 300, rx 470
Kia - sedona, carnival
Hyundai - xg, trajet, sonata, santa fe
Ford - probe, mustang
Honda - legend, accord, civic type r, cr-v, hr-v, integra type r, prelude 2.2, shuttle, stream.
Most of theses are Uk spec vehicles and check before purchace of wheels because some of them changed their PCD / stud pattern from depending on age of vehicle.
Hope this helps, Wingy

·
0 to 60 in 2.4 miles
1994 Toyota Pickup
536 Posts
Thanks for the list Wingy! Ive been looking for something like this to look to while searching the junkyards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wingy,

That is an awesome list and exactly what I was looking for! Looks like someone did their homework. You get a A+. Thank you.

Airdoggy:clap:

·
Not a Pre-runner
1,657 Posts
Wingy said:
I had the same problem and here is what I found :- your (and my) wheel size is
PCD - 5 X 114 or 5 X 114.3 ( the 0.3 mm is so small it makes no difference) your centre bore is 60.1 mm so anything of that size or bigger will fit so here we go.
Toyota - avensis verso, camry, mr2 w2, picnic, previa, rav4, sienna, supra
Nissan - x trail, serena, maxima / qx, almera tino
Mitsubushi - vr4, space wagon, pinin, outlander, grandis, fto, evolution iv, v, diamante
Mazda - 3, 6, 626, 929, mpv, premacy, rx 8, tribute, xedos 6, 9
Lexus - es 300, gs 300 / 400, is 200 / 300, ls 400, rx 300, rx 470
Kia - sedona, carnival
Hyundai - xg, trajet, sonata, santa fe
Ford - probe, mustang
Honda - legend, accord, civic type r, cr-v, hr-v, integra type r, prelude 2.2, shuttle, stream.
Most of theses are Uk spec vehicles and check before purchace of wheels because some of them changed their PCD / stud pattern from depending on age of vehicle.
Hope this helps, Wingy
some of these are wrong. i know camry rims wont fit because i tried. the bolt pattern is the same but the hub hole is too small. this will also probably apply to most of the fwd cars you listed.

·
Registered
1990 2wd KC pick-up
198 Posts
I've tryed the supra rims and it doesn't fit either, the center bore is too small. I beleive this is the same thing for all Lexus, at least the LS400. You can alway make someone drill you a bigger hole, but that's not the safe way.

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
The offset might be to great on most of the front wheel drive wheels.

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
wheels

rwdfreak said:
I've tryed the supra rims and it doesn't fit either, the center bore is too small. I beleive this is the same thing for all Lexus, at least the LS400. You can alway make someone drill you a bigger hole, but that's not the safe way.
Sorry for any duff info got the wheel size for my pickup direct from toyota dealership and was given : PCD = 5 X 114, centre bore 60.1, and off set 35 positive.

Armed with this info I have visited a number of aftermarket wheel manufacturers who have confirmed the avove sizes and the list I gave are of wheels they list as compatible.

This however does not substitute for the wheels you have tried that dont fit. I now wonder if the UK spec 2WD hilux has a smaller centre bore than yours or if I have been given duff info from the dealership (not that they sometimes get it wrong - do they).

Just done the paint job on mine this weekend so will be out hunting through the breakers yards next week for wheels will let you know how I get on. Wingy

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
Umm...

I have heard the Lexus RX300-330 wheels (which are 18's, and I'm possibly getting), don't fit on the front without machining the center to fit over the wheel bearin assembly and cap. Rears fit fine, but the front won't without work. Can someone confirm this to be true/false?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
Physicaly took a wheel off the front of mine and measured the diameter of the centre bore at 70mm give or take a midgets d**K. so from the list I posted there is only the Honda legend and Ford mustang with greater than 70mm centre bore. All the Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubushi are listed at 67.1 mm so very close and may fit. Your Lexus are all listed at 60.1 mm (the same as the Toyota dealership lists my pickup as - Tw*ts) I have also been told Nissan skyline, zx200 and zx 300 also fit ? Happy hunting. Wingy

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Pick Up
489 Posts
I have emailed a couple sellers on ebay with lexus RX330 wheels and asked them about the center bore. No responses yet. So you measured the center of our wheels being 70mm +/- .2mm, but the lexus ones are 60.1mm across. However, toyota lists our stock wheels as being 60.1mm? What gives? Are your wheels stock?

I kind of want more then one source saying these RX-330 wheels will fit before I shell down 570 bucks to get them to me! I always thought our wheel bore was 2.62" or 66.548mm. There is quite a big difference in the numbers. I have found a machine shop close by, and if these wheels do not fit stock on the front, I will just go get them machined and be good as gold!

I appreciate the help wingy! :)

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
CarbonRevo said:
I have emailed a couple sellers on ebay with lexus RX330 wheels and asked them about the center bore. No responses yet. So you measured the center of our wheels being 70mm +/- .2mm, but the lexus ones are 60.1mm across. However, toyota lists our stock wheels as being 60.1mm? What gives? Are your wheels stock?

I kind of want more then one source saying these RX-330 wheels will fit before I shell down 570 bucks to get them to me! I always thought our wheel bore was 2.62" or 66.548mm. There is quite a big difference in the numbers. I have found a machine shop close by, and if these wheels do not fit stock on the front, I will just go get them machined and be good as gold!

I appreciate the help wingy! :)
Did all my research via the toyota dealership giving them all my vehicle spec including engine and vin numbers and got back the sizes as given.
As for the list of compatible wheels I posted I got these from two aftermarket wheel manufacturers / suppliers locally. their computer system also confirmed what the Toyota dealership told me about my vehicle.
When I took my wheel off and measured the centre bore with a ruler it was near as damb it 70mm and I can't see how anything smaller will fit over the centre hub as it seemed quite snug. did not take a rear wheel off so don't know if there is any difference with the hub size there
I have a try before I buy appointment this afternoon with a set of 16" Nissan ZX200 wheels and will post the result later.
Re your Lexus wheels I would makesure they could be safely bored out prior to shelling out that kind of dosh. Bet they would look cool though if they did fit.
Wingy

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
Got the Nissan ZX 200 wheels 16" with 205 55 X 16 tyres the rears went on no problems but the front just would not push on enough. took a drill with a dremel style grinding bit and ran it around the inside edge of the centre bore removing about 1mm thickness and about 10mm in towards the front of the wheel so it fit over that last little wider part of the hub. bolted them up and all looks and drives fine.
Wingy

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
You forgot Mitsubishi Starion Turbo wheels...:)...look in my sig. As for Lexus goes Is300 wheels will fit and look great but you will have to get them bored out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wingy said:
Got the Nissan ZX 200 wheels 16" with 205 55 X 16 tyres the rears went on no problems but the front just would not push on enough. took a drill with a dremel style grinding bit and ran it around the inside edge of the centre bore removing about 1mm thickness and about 10mm in towards the front of the wheel so it fit over that last little wider part of the hub. bolted them up and all looks and drives fine.
Wingy
did you get any vibrations in the front end or anything? i have a nice set of 18's i was going to put on my truck but the center bore was just barly too small and i was thinking about boreing it out with my dremel alittle bit, but i was afriad it would mess up the balance and i didnt want to ruin a perfectly good set of wheels.

·
Registered
Toyota Hilux pickup
19 Posts
Glenn? said:
did you get any vibrations in the front end or anything? i have a nice set of 18's i was going to put on my truck but the center bore was just barly too small and i was thinking about boreing it out with my dremel alittle bit, but i was afriad it would mess up the balance and i didnt want to ruin a perfectly good set of wheels.
No vibration at all seems to handle just the same. However the amount I had to remove was next to nothing. Someone also suggested putting some wheel spacer shims on about 4 or 5 mm just to avoid having to clear those last few mills on the front hubs. An idea I suppose.. Wingy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts