Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just went through the process of sorting out details on Toyota's options for replacing the wiper blades. I don't need new ones yet; my Tacoma does, and I gathered info for the 2020 Highlander at the same time. I found some misinformation out there on the Internet already; not surprising since they did make a small change from 3rd Gen to 4th Gen.

Toyota offers two choices for replacing wiper blades.

The first and least expensive option is a rubber refill for the factory wiper blades. Part numbers for those are 85214-0E151 on the driver's side and 85214-0E130 on the passenger side. MSRP is US$9.99 each, so going rate ought to be in the $8 range unless your dealer doesn't discount parts at all.

Just in case you need to replace the entire blade (holder and rubber) to the factory originals, those parts are 85222-0E090 on the driver's side and 85212-0E090 on the passenger side. MSRP is about $43 and $18 respectively.

The second option is the Toyota Sightline replacement wiper blades. Those are like buying an aftermarket product. It replaces the entire blade, not just the rubber part, and they do NOT sell rubber refills for those. If you get rid of your factory blades and put these on as replacements, you won't be able to replace only the rubber part next time. The driver's side blade is 650 mm long, and the passenger side is 450 mm long.

The length of the driver's side blade is the same as the 3rd Gen, but the passenger side blade is shorter (3rd Gen was 500 mm).

The rear window wiper works the same way, with a rubber refill available for the factory blade. It's part number 85214-42060 for just the rubber refill (it's the same one the 4th Gen RAV4 used), or 85242-0E110 for the entire blade.

If you'd like to know how to replace the rubber refill on the factory blades, here's one of many videos on the subject that covers the entire process from start to finish.

·
straight cash homie
20,470 Posts
Keep the part numbers of the rubber inserts handy, beats having to buy the whole assembly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Toyota blade replacements I’ve learned seem to last longer than any aftermarket blade I’ve had. I use them on my Camry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZ Pete

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Clean your wiper blades any time you wash your car or clean the windshield. Use glass cleaner for when you clean the windshield and clean the blades until they no longer leave any deposits on your cleaning rag or paper towel. My Mirage wiper blades finally gave out at 6 years. I usually put new blades in a car when I buy them and they last for many years with the car in the garage. I also have used rain-x for close to 50 years and use it on all windows, reapply on the windshield about once a month.
I would use the refills and clean them as suggested. If you use rain-x they will last 5 years, kept in the garage, even longer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
+1 on the refills. Used them on my 4Runner. Very easy to do and a relatively inexpensive way to maximize visibility in bad weather.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had really good luck over the years with the Toyota refills too, so that's why I dug up this info.

But if you want to go aftermarket, the key takeaway is that driver's side is 650 mm (25.5 inches) and passenger side is 450 mm (17.7 inches).

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
182 Posts
I rather just use Bosch Icons or Valeo equivalent. Toyota doesn't seem to be a fan of the "beam" style blades. I did replace my parent's Matrix wipers with Bosch Icons.

Beam style blades don't have hinges/linkages that will clog with snow and ice in the winter when you're driving in a snow storm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts