Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to here, sorry if I haven't posted this correctly. But I need help and some answers if someone could help.

I have a 2010 Toyota Yaris. Just recently replaced the master cylinder brakes, front and back brake pads. Brakes work great! But there's this sound and it's obnoxiously loud.. it sounds like metal is scraping against the ground or something. It should not be happening and I am not sure why it is. It happened before I had the brakes changed but not this bad.

I have inserted a link so you all can hear the scraping sound:

I hope someone can help or suggest something or what to do.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,325 Posts
Double check your work.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
What do you mean?
Did you replace the brakes or did someone else replace them? Does the sound only happen while the brakes are in use or is it intermediate while driving?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you replace the brakes or did someone else replace them? Does the sound only happen while the brakes are in use or is it intermediate while driving?
My mechanic replaced them Monday. Sound only happens when putting brakes in reverse, backing up and then straightening up and putting into drive, continuing to drive straight for about 15 seconds the sound continues, but then stops after driving for more than 30 seconds. I'm trying to explain the best I can

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
My mechanic replaced them Monday. Sound only happens when putting brakes in reverse, backing up and then straightening up and putting into drive, continuing to drive straight for about 15 seconds the sound continues, but then stops after driving for more than 30 seconds. I'm trying to explain the best I can
Take it back to the mechanic and have them double check their work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I am going to. I was just gonna see if anyone knew anything else. I unfortunately have to wait until Monday to take it back

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Unless you are willing to take a look at the brakes themselves, best to wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts