Toyota Nation Forum banner

ToyotaNation.com Community Choice Awards!

2636 13

We've narrowed the list down of favorite aftermarket wiper blades. Now it's time for you to select your favorite!

Please take a moment to cast your vote for your favorite aftermarket blades. Also, please let your community know what made your pick stand out from others!*

If you happen to own the item, feel free to share how, when, and where you've used it. Also, be sure to include a link to where you purchased your item so community members can take a look for themselves!

Your nominees are:

*We appreciate your opinions on this, and as a thank you for voting, we will be entering all eligible posts into a random drawing and selecting 3 members. The 3 winners in the draw will receive a free, one-year premium membership as a token of our thanks!

Have fun, and thanks for voting! 馃槉

Which are your favorite?

• Rain-X

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • Bosch

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Trico

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Goodyear

Votes: 2 2.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

500,000 + Miles
2000 Solara
Perhaps this isn't the place to post this type of comment but I am always in a bad mood when I buy wiper blades. It used to be standard to just buy the inserts. Now, I guess they are available somewhere but all I see in stores are the full blade. Yes, it's easy to install but so was the insert. I dislike paying for all the metal junk and oftentimes the adapters cause the arm to sit much higher. Sign me up for the disappointed in all of them club!

I really don't know which brands I have tried and I haven't noticed the ones I have used last appreciably longer than the inserts I used to buy. The effectiveness of all of the ones I have used is great for clearing water off of bug-free glass but it takes either a good rain shower, lots of wiper solution, or a hand cleaning to make it bug-free. Bottom line for me is that the wiper blade is of secondary importance to keeping a clean windshield in the first place.

Please don't misinterpret my comments. I think the survey is great and I'm interested in the results, but I am on TN to be a do-it-yourselfer, not a pay more to save two minutes replacing wiper inserts.

Registered
1992 Geo Prizm

We've narrowed the list down of favorite aftermarket wiper blades. Now it's time for you to select your favorite!

Please take a moment to cast your vote for your favorite aftermarket blades. Also, please let your community know what made your pick stand out from others!*

If you happen to own the item, feel free to share how, when, and where you've used it. Also, be sure to include a link to where you purchased your item so community members can take a look for themselves!

Your nominees are:

*We appreciate your opinions on this, and as a thank you for voting, we will be entering all eligible posts into a random drawing and selecting 3 members. The 3 winners in the draw will receive a free, one-year premium membership as a token of our thanks!

About the only choice I saw that was left off were "winter" blades. Around here they seem to last the longest regardless of make. For my daily drivers, I like Bosch brand winter blades. For my summer weekend vehicles I like regular Bosch blades.

Registered
Blue car
Do people vote for certain blades because they like them after trying other choices? Or that's what they happen to buy? There should be a 5th choice for OEM Toyota blades, that would be the bench mark to compare to so we can see other people's experience.

Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus
I've been buying Bosch & Rain-X for years, typically it's dependent on what is available when I need it. Bosch is typically my go to wipers and I am glad to replace the entire unit because nowadays with all the disposable products on our vehicles, the metal portion starts looking bad before the wiper blades actually go bad.

OEM wipers are lucky to last 6 months to a year, high-end blades can last 3+ years if they are taken care of and not used on an ice covered windshield, etc.

Premium Member
I use the Rain-X advantage edge wiper blades. These wiper blades last me 3+ Years. My wife is on 4 years on a set of these wiper blades. We buy them at Advanced auto. I have never used Bosch wiper blades before. What is the best wiper blades Bosch sells. Are the silicone. Also how many years do they last. Thanks.

Registered
It used to be standard to just buy the inserts.
I feel the same. Being the budding cynic that I am, I guess it was the wiper companies lobbyists to the NTSB that got them to standardize wiper blades to include the whole thing and made it "illegal" to sell refillable wipers. Maybe the lobbyists argued as the paint wore off the chrome the light reflection became dangerous or as the unit aged the plastic was prone to breaking.

Registered

Your nominees are:

I like the OEM Toyo refills, not the whole unit. Why pay the high price today for the entire unit when I can purchase the insert for a few bucks at the dealership?

Premium Member
For larger blades, drivers side, I had very little success finding an aftermarket wiper that worked as it is supposed to. Most of them streak in winter time here in Canada. The only one that works reliably 100% of the time is OEM refill. Passenger side smaller blades work fine for aftermarket, but longer 22-24+ in blades suck for aftermarket in winter time. Tested on all our cars, RAV4, Corolla, ES350, etc...

Registered
Whatever blades are best are the ones probably manufactured newest... Rubber /silicone/polyurethane is prone to aging harshly depending where they're stores... UV sucks.. so whatever is selling quickly and the most of I'll get. Old stock, old supply can dry or harden faster.. But all the rubber on Toyotas seem to wear unusually fast now a days

Registered
09 Tacoma
I like the OEM Toyo refills, not the whole unit. Why pay the high price today for the entire unit when I can purchase the insert for a few bucks at the dealership?
they're cheap as hell at Costco to buy the whole blade, especially if on sale. They will last more than a year if you don't run them on ice. So even if your acquisition cost might be a few buks more, they are very durable.

Premium Member
2003 Highlander/Kluger
I've had a great experience with my (Rain-X Silicone Endura) Blades in the Minnesota snow,ice,rain on my 2003 Highlander even with staggered wipers they work great, Did cost me $60 at Menards though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts