Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Love My 2007 Corolla
2007 Toyota Corolla
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ToyotaNation Members I am new to the Forum and had 2 questions regarding my 1994 Toyota Corolla I would like to see if someone can answer for me.

First is I just the other day ordered a new cigarette lighter socket assembly from my local Toyota dealer and wanted to know how do I remove the lighter socket from the lower bezel piece to put on the replacement one.

Second is does anyone have any idea where I can obtain the light bulbs for the Rear Defroster, Hazzard and A/C Switches along with the bulb for the Cigarette Lighter Area.

I asked the dealer and they told me I would have to order new switches because they do not sell the light bulbs seperate from the switch, it comes as part of the whole switch assembly.

I just figured there may be someone that knows a way to get just the bulbs or a work around.

I Thank you all for the time :sosad:

·
Love My 2007 Corolla
2007 Toyota Corolla
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for moving my thread to the right spot for 7th generation corollas. ;)

·
Registered
'03 Sequoia
416 Posts
Mowen,
Where on Long Island? I don't think the bulbs are changeable unless you take the switches apart.

Now being that I'm on Long Island (Selden, Suffolk county), AND I'm parting out my car see this thread http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295247 and in the classifieds http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295250 I might be able to help you out including with the lighter socket (still attached to trim if you can cancel your order. If I recall the lights still worked in the switches but I could try and check tomorrow.

Any other parts you need? Spare motor/tranny by chance? Check the photobucket pics and videos.

·
Love My 2007 Corolla
2007 Toyota Corolla
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Response to sequoiasoon

I am in Centereach, NY and that sounds great if ya got the switches

·
Saloon Fanatic
Mr2
709 Posts
You cant get the lights seperate, but you can go to a wrecker and remove them from those switches or swap them over.
As for the lower center trim with the cigarette lighter in it, you remove the two screws (phillips) that are at the top of the trim piece (over the storage pocket) going into the trim panel below the hvac controls. Remove the ashtray. Gently using a screwdriver pop the upper edge of the trim piece out of the groove it is settled into just so its outside of the upper console piece (hvac trim) now. Stick your hand in the ashtray hole and pull the whole center piece straight back towards the shifter. Friction clips hold it in. Unplug the connector at the back of the cigarette lighter and your out. Reverse to re install.

·
Love My 2007 Corolla
2007 Toyota Corolla
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the infomation but do you also know how I would get the cigarette lighter socket assembly off of the lower trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The center plastic part of the console is on tabs, prretty sure it just pulls out. after that, disconnect the wiring going into the lighter, and i think there's a bolt or too holding it. easy as pie.

·
Registered
'03 Sequoia
416 Posts
Thanks for the infomation but do you also know how I would get the cigarette lighter socket assembly off of the lower trim.

When we hook up for the switches I have the whole dash part with it in there and can show you how it comes out. It's sitting in my truck waiting to get to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts