Discussion Starter #1

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
none yet. i have just seen numerous threads on here about strange vibrations that only started after the truck was lifted. i have seen people list numerous reasons why the vibes started, and they all seem to be related to the driveshaft or axles. numerous people have purchased a 1 piece driveshaft just to try and fix the issue. i am just wondering if this may be a new, inexpensive way to correct these problems.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
none yet. i have just seen numerous threads on here about strange vibrations that only started after the truck was lifted. i have seen people list numerous reasons why the vibes started, and they all seem to be related to the driveshaft or axles. numerous people have purchased a 1 piece driveshaft just to try and fix the issue. i am just wondering if this may be a new, inexpensive way to correct these problems.

If you dont have them yet you probably wont get them. The only vibe that may come out later would be from the front diff, and no neither of those parts would help you.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
In that case the shims may help. Ive more bad then good as far as the carrier bearing drop is concerned.

·
meteor proof
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you dont have them yet you probably wont get them. The only vibe that may come out later would be from the front diff, and no neither of those parts would help you.

hmmm, well a front differential drop kit should fix that no problem if that is the only problem. i just know i have seen numerous threads on here about people complaining of strange vibrations. since plenty of people have already installed the differential drop kit with their lift, i thought there was more to it than that.

all i'm trying to do is show everyone that was complaining of those problems these products and hopefuly help them fix it. i have never seen either of these products mentioned so maybe its something new from Toytec. :confused:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
^ I have 2 degree shims and carrier spacer for sale too. $30 for both. I don't need them anymore. The shims are steel not aluminum so they will last you.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Yes sir. My truck didn't like the lift. Couldn't get rid of it completely until dropping the lift and reinstalling my 4-leaf springs. Got your PM. No problem on the deavers. I will probably keep my TC UCAs.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
if you have a tapered block on the rear as your lift you shouldn't need shims correct? i'm asking because this is what i have on my taco

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Hmmm... I have vibes, but I'm pretty sure they're just from my tires :)

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
When I installed my Dakar's a couple weeks ago I got a start-up vibe (like going over a tiny washboard) from 3-8mph. I put in an OME carrier bearing drop, didn't help. This last Saturday I put in my 886's and even with the Toytech diff drop I have a grinding rotation noise around 37-45mph. I guess I might just have to live with it. :disappoin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts