Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Unfortunately I can't post a photo, but if you go to the Toyota Owner's website http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home you can look at the owner's manuals which show the 2 different displays for tire pressure.
Part of the problem is that many of us do not have the same head unit, so we all see different stuff. Since most of us aren't using a sigs as a means to let others know what options we have, the conversation gets all muddied up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
UPDATE: Went out today and checked tire location on mine by lowering pressure in three tires. Here's the results: RR LF LR RF.
I do not know if it is guaranteed that the position the tires are associated with will be the same on the screen from one start of the car to the next. The tire pressure receiver receives the reading from the tire pressure sensors and I do not know if it considers their unique ID and map it to the same tire positions on the screen or just does that arbitrary. Should map to the same but who knows?

If it maps to the same, when one does the tire rotation, the firmware was to be informed to remap them as the order of tire rotation is a known pattern. One would think that can be covered by Toyota... but who knows?

·
Registered
399 Posts
What does this mean?
Mapping of what he sees on the non HDD Nav/Entune unit that shows the 4 tire pressures as one line, with 4 reading.

First one from left corresponds to the right rear tire, second from left to the left front tire, then left read and finally right front.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mapping of what he sees on the non HDD Nav/Entune unit that shows the 4 tire pressures as one line, with 4 reading.

First one from left corresponds to the right rear tire, second from left to the left front tire, then left read and finally right front.
I see. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yes, completely. It shows someone plugging in a flash drive and that causes the versions to come on the screen. If you don't have a flash drive to plug in that shows the version, how do you know the version???
This applies to Entune systems only: Press the Setup button in the upper right hand corner of the screen bezel, then General then scroll down to the bottom to System Information and click it. You should see the Entune firmware Software Version listed amongst all the other information. Entune version 2.1.0 is the latest version.

·
Venzoid
V6 Venza AWD
653 Posts
Cdn models no low tire press warning

This conversation was started in another thread about trip info, but I think it deserves it's own. For Canadian buyers, it's may be a very important consideration.

Yesterday, I noticed a near flat tire on my Camry and it turned out to be a screw in the tire. Today it was repaired at the dealership. My wife asked the salespeople on the floor if the Camry had a low tire pressure warning system and they said "of course it does". Wife says show me. Salesman and woman who sold us the car come back and say "we couldn't find it". They look in their literature and can't see anything. They were shocked that it didn't have one. My wife asks service manager why the light didn't come on and he tried to BS her until the sales people came and told him that it doesn't have one.

In the LE you have nothing to tell/warn you about low pressures/leaks/flats. In the XLE, I hear you have a screen that tells you individual pressures but no warning system. You have to continually go to that screen see if you have a problem.

I'm as shocked and disappointed as the salespeople that it doesn't have this useful warning system. In the US, it's law, but not here. In my 4 previous Toyotas spanning back 2002, they've all had this warning system but not this one. So if you've bought a Camry in Canada, be warned that you will not be warned!

·
Registered
158 Posts
In the LE you have nothing to tell/warn you about low pressures/leaks/flats. In the XLE, I hear you have a screen that tells you individual pressures but no warning system. You have to continually go to that screen see if you have a problem.
Sorry for more bad news but NO! The XLE does not have ANY TPMS either

·
Registered
360 Posts
According to the 2012 Camry Brochure that I have (in the US), the TPMS is standard on all trim levels. There must be a reason this is not standard in Canada.

·
Registered
82 Posts
According to the 2012 Camry Brochure that I have (in the US), the TPMS is standard on all trim levels. There must be a reason this is not standard in Canada.
its the law in the US. it was either for 2007 or 2008 that all cars were required to come equipped with tpms. canada must not have that rule...i bet they replaced the tpms dash light with a low washer fluid light (which i believe is required there).

·
Registered
134 Posts
its the law in the US. it was either for 2007 or 2008 that all cars were required to come equipped with tpms. canada must not have that rule...i bet they replaced the tpms dash light with a low washer fluid light (which i believe is required there).
Transport Canada is currently assessing the TPMS requirement. Some Canadian models do have them, but it seems to be hit or miss. 2008 was the year for TPMS requirement in the US, a law placed into effect by consumer groups and lawsuits beating on the NHTSA following several catastrophic tire failures, many on the Ford Explorer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Wow. The stuff you miss when you are not in the market for a car for a decade or more.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wounder if I US dealer if he can upload US firmware and enable TPMS???

I am certain there aint any dealer in this forum, passing for owners :facepalm:.

:welcome:

anyone as any ideal about this one... anyone from Burlington Vt or Plattsburg, NY if I am lucky! :eek:

Richard ve2dx

·
Venzoid
V6 Venza AWD
653 Posts
Wow. The stuff you miss when you are not in the market for a car for a decade or more.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Well the funny thing is that our previous 4 Toyotas have had a TPMS. Our Sienna was an 02 and it had a very simple and effective system. I think it just measured wheel speed and if it changed relative to the others then you had a slow leak etc. No expensive sensors in the wheel, no additional costs for winter tires, no maintenance. That was the best system (10 yrs old) and it was scrapped for some reason. Individual pressure sensors in each tire are almost more trouble than they are worth.

·
Registered
2012 TCH
101 Posts
Low tire pressure

I haven't been a big proponent of the TPMS. That being said, I took a 150 mile trip parked the 12 XLE Camry overnight and when I went to do the return trip the next day saw the low tire warning light lit up on the dash. Touched the car button and then the tire pressure button and found that 3 tires were at 29lbs and one was at 28. Stopped at a station and aired up the tires to 35 and all was good and has been since I arrived home. The car only has 2500 miles on it and gets great gas mileage 41.5mpg on the trip of 300 miles with a little over a half tank on the gas gauge. I could understand maybe one tire low but all of them?
Has anyone else had this happen?

181 - 200 of 484 Posts