Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black TCH
14 Posts
My warning light has come on (dash light) on my 2012 TCH. When I check the tire pressure on the touch screen display (entune option version) it does not give me any readings for any of the tires. I am going to let the tires cool down and try the reset. Has anyone else seen this? Could it be a bad sensor or connection? Only have 3100 miles on the car.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Caveman419,
Was any work done to your car recently? New tires? Sounds like the TPMS receiver has gone bad, because I cannot image four TPMS sensors going bad at once.

Have you tried looking a the TPMS readout a few minutes after starting the car? It does take a minute or so to get all the reading from all four sensors when it is working correctly.

·
Registered
2012 Black TCH
14 Posts
No, the only things that have been done recently are: chip in windshield repaired (yes, after 3000 miles) and had the dealership reprogram the unlock command to roll down driver's window and open moonroof.

When I got to work, I shut the car off and let it sit untill the jeadlights when off (took lunch & laptop in to my desk). Came back out and restarted the car. I got the flashing light (flashed about a dozen or more times), then it went solid. I checked the TPMS and it had dashes under all four tires. I let it sit there for about 4-5 minutes and no change. I will go out in about half an hour, after the tires are cooled completely down and try the rest.

PS. Is there an Android app that you know of for the forums? I use Tapatalk 2 for my android forums. I am on the move a lot and would like to respond without the browser on my phone (it is slow).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Caveman419,

If it's still not working ......
1. Check all you tires pressures and make sure they are 35 PSI cold
2. Try the TPMS initialization procedure in OM section 4-3 and see if that fixes it.

See my signature to download PDFs of OM.

·
Registered
2012 Black TCH
14 Posts
I went out and pressed the start button twice without depressing the brake peddal to get into Power On mode. I then held the button in the glove box down for three flashes of the TP warning light and released. After about 3 minutes, the presuure showed up under one of the tires on the TPMS. After another 30 seconds a second tire and a third and finally the fourth. It shows the tire pressure at 32 PSI. Since it is nitrogen filled, I will have to have the dealership fill them up.

I am not sure what caused this to go out while I was driving. I have a 38 mile drive to work and this happened about three quarters of the way. I will be keeping an eye on it. I have to make an appointment to take it in for a free detailing in a week or two. I will have them look at it there too.

·
Registered
2017 Avalon Premium
449 Posts
Tire Pressure

I have a new 2012 TCH XLE. Seems to me that when you show the tire pressure display Toyota could have easily shown the position of each tire instead of just showing 4 wheels with tire pressure. This way you do not know which tire is low.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a new 2012 TCH XLE. Seems to me that when you show the tire pressure display Toyota could have easily shown the position of each tire instead of just showing 4 wheels with tire pressure. This way you do not know which tire is low.
Yes, we were discussing this in another thread just yesterday. Some seem to think that there is only one receiver and thus no way for them to tell the difference between sensors. I'm not so sure. I think they just reserve that feature for the upscale models.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
....... Some seem to think that there is only one receiver and thus no way for them to tell the difference between sensors. ........

I represent that comment :lol: ....... regztfen, look at this post to figure out TPMS display to wheel position mapping.

·
Registered
2012 Camry Hybrid
1,442 Posts
I had my tires changed just after buying my new '12 TCH. I worried the sensors may be damaged after swapping out the 4 tires. I paid and drove off and got the ------ for each of the 4 tires. A block away one tire showed it's pressure, then another. After a quarter mile the third tires read ok. One was stubborn and did not show it's pressure till over 1/2 mile.

I found after the initial psi readings after the tire replacements, now they all show their readings rather quickly after driving off from being parked for a while.

·
Registered
2012 Camry Hybrid
1,442 Posts
Kind of like a radio or TV, which is a receiver and think how many stations or channels it's able to receive one at a time. The newer toyota single receiver cost less over having 4 separate sensors to read each of the tires pressure.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What Upgrade? I haven't received any upgrade!
I'm not sure what upgrade means here, but do in case it means the Entune upgrade:

Search the 7th gen Camry forum for details of Entune upgrade sent out on USB drives. Since you just bought your car, they dealer or factory probably did the firmware upgrade already :thumbsup:, but you can check the thread and compare your version number to be sure.

Here's the thread I was thinking of: entune update... its heeeeeeeeeeerrreeeeeeeee

·
Registered
2017 Avalon Premium
449 Posts
Upgrade

I'm not sure what upgrade means here, but do in case it means the Entune upgrade:

Search the 7th gen Camry forum for details of Entune upgrade sent out on USB drives. Since you just bought your car, they dealer or factory probably did the firmware upgrade already :thumbsup:, but you can check the thread and compare your version number to be sure.

Here's the thread I was thinking of: entune update... its heeeeeeeeeeerrreeeeeeeee
How does one know what version of Entune is installed on their car?

·
Registered
250 Posts
What Upgrade? I haven't received any upgrade!
There are 2 versions of the Nav system offered on the Camry. I don't know how they are designated, but the one with the larger screen is what I was referring to as the upgraded system.

Just found it. The system is the Premium HDD Navigation w/Entune & JBL.

·
Registered
2017 Avalon Premium
449 Posts
Upgrade

There are 2 versions of the Nav system offered on the Camry. I don't know how they are designated, but the one with the larger screen is what I was referring to as the upgraded system.

Just found it. The system is the Premium HDD Navigation w/Entune & JBL.
I have the Premium HDD Navigation with Entune and JBL: Includes 7" Touch Screen with Split-Screen Capability,

·
Registered
'13 XLE TAH
739 Posts
My salesman said it was displayed this way but I haven't had time to check it. LF LR RR RF. Someone with nothing better to do needs to check and report back. lol

·
Registered
2017 Avalon Premium
449 Posts
Upgrade

Did you read the thread or at least skim it?
Yes, completely. It shows someone plugging in a flash drive and that causes the versions to come on the screen. If you don't have a flash drive to plug in that shows the version, how do you know the version???

161 - 180 of 484 Posts