Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Camry LE. Light flashed then went steady. All pressures were good when checked with gage. Tire store scanned the tires and all were good. I'm thinking the "reader" in the car is bad-how can that be checked?

·
2013 LE
244 Posts
I suspect your Camry (like mine, a 2013 LE) does not have the TPMS reset button. You could check by opening your glovebox and just below its lock (far left side) in the dark plastic area, search for a square recessed area. If there's button there, with the car running, press and hold until the TPMS light goes off.
I suspect you will find a "blank" where there should be a button. Some here have said the TPMS reset button is under the drivers side kick panel (above the brake pedal). I searched there too and found nothing. Good luck.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Check your spare as well. Temp fluctuations can make all tires including your spare change psi. My wife’s last car was a 2011 rav4 drove me crazy with the TPMS light until I figured out that the spare was low and then the light went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
334 Posts
My 2016 SE factory spare does not have a pressure sensor.
Way to tell is to look at the air valve....if it is on a flexible stem (like mine), it does not have a sensor.

·
BeerSteakTxas
10,454 Posts
One of the sensors on my kid's 2012 is showing "blank" even though the pressure is fine and I'm suspecting a bad sensor or dead battery.
p.s. all 2012-14 Camrys I've seen had a reset TPMS button.

·
2013 LE
244 Posts
...p.s. all 2012-14 Camrys I've seen had a reset TPMS button.
I spoke with a Toyota parts representative who advertises on this forum and he said that certain 13 and 14 Camrys do not have a TPMS reset button listed. Believe me, I've searched every nook and cranny in and under my dash and there isn't a TPMS reset button.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I spoke with a Toyota parts representative who advertises on this forum and he said that certain 13 and 14 Camrys do not have a TPMS reset button listed. Believe me, I've searched every nook and cranny in and under my dash and there isn't a TPMS reset button.
Just looked on my 2017 SE and there is a big orange blanking button where the TPMS reset button is my wife's 2008... Mine has the direct system where it reads out all 4 tires individually...So looks like I have a ' learning curve' there ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts