Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm new here.

I have a camry 2012 l4 xle, i recent was bought q month ago but it seems like doesn't have TPMS, I thought it should have it, how can I'm sure it have it or not and if not how I can install it as OEM with the measurement in the factory navigator?

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I-4
2,263 Posts
press the CAR button on your center console and select TIRE PRESSURE and it should display the tire pressure readings on all 4 tires. if you don't get a reading after waiting for a minute or 2 after start-up then it means either you do not have a TPMS sensor or they are defective. you need to go to a tire shop or your dealer to get it installed and programmed.

btw...welcome to TN!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's no "tire pressure" option when I press the car button, I can only choose fuel efficiency.

I already looking for other option to found the tire pressure, but didn't found. I'm not sure if my car has the system or could have it but needs the sensors.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
I thought individual tire readings weren't available on 2012s? Or did they start that in 2013?
2012's have the tire readout on the screen. 2013+ do not. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I-4
2,263 Posts
There's no "tire pressure" option when I press the car button, I can only choose fuel efficiency.

I already looking for other option to found the tire pressure, but didn't found. I'm not sure if my car has the system or could have it but needs the sensors.
are you sure you have a 2012?

·
Registered
2016 Camry SE
197 Posts
I miss that feature on my 2012 SE. I bought my 2014 SE and it no longer will give any readout for the TPMS on the radio screen- also noticed they did away with the reset button that was in the glove box too. Wonder why they did that?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The Camry may not come with TPMS in Mexico. I do not see TPMS listed as a standard feature for any of the Camry trim levels on the Mexico Toyota website.

What are the laws in Mexico pertaining to TPMS? In the US TPMS is required for all cars, is it the same in Mexico?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Camry may not come with TPMS in Mexico. I do not see TPMS listed as a standard feature for any of the Camry trim levels on the Mexico Toyota website.

What are the laws in Mexico pertaining to TPMS? In the US TPMS is required for all cars, is it the same in Mexico?
Yeah, you're right, here are not laws related tpms.

It could be any chance to install it as factory and displays in oem navigator?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

If it was, it should be displayed on the screen. If it is not there, I am afraid you probably don't have TPMS :(

As for an aftermarket kit that works with the stock screen, you can try asking your dealership if they can order you the factory TPMS kit.

Hopefully someone else will come along who has done something similar with more information.

·
Registered
Toyota Camry LE 2012
249 Posts

That is going to be expensive and not needed (IMO). TPMS often malfunctions and gets broken when replacing tires. You can definitely live without.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
That is going to be expensive and not needed (IMO). TPMS often malfunctions and gets broken when replacing tires. You can definitely live without.
I agree. Go buy a good quality tire pressure gauge and check your tires every now and then. TPMS has been out for a while now, I imagine that there are tens of thousands of cars driving around with tire pressure idiot light on, the driver not caring and often not even knowing what the light means. Here is a prime example form this very forum.

"Starting a few days ago, three lights on my dashboard display started to turn on. Sometimes they don't turn on for a few minutes after the car is running, but they do eventually turn on. The first is a red "BRAKE" light above the gas gauge. The second is a yellow/orange "ABS" light above the speedometer. And the last is a yellow/orange symbol of a car sliding, or swerving, this one besides the RPM gauge. What do they mean and why would they suddenly start turning on together? Thank you for whatever help you can give."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts