Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to replace all my tpms with the DENSO 5500103 sensors as well as the DENSO 9990601 service kit. After reading below, do I need to have someone reprogram the new sensors or can I diy by pressing the tpms button below the drivers side dash? I'm asking based on the bold test below.

"DENSO has developed sensors that never need to be programmed or cloned before installation – they're built to the specified vehicle right out of the box {note: new ID numbers will need to be registered through the OBD II port}. With DENSO, installation is a snap — their TPMS Sensors relearn just like an OE part, restoring the vehicle to its original condition."

Denso 5500103
Denso 9990601

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
The button just sets the new tire PSI amount after refilling tires

So, you must have an OBD programming tool

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both Greasymechtech and Vangm25 for the reply. Since I don't have nor know anyone that has a TPMS programing tool, it will be a waste of time installing them myself.

I asked Costco to replace mine and was told the sensor was $65.00 plus service kit and programing so I told them to go ahead and order the tire pressure monitors. I've made several appointments and each time they either tell me the ones I've ordered were sold just before I arrived, or they haven't come in yet. After 5 times, I've given up on them. I asked if I could supply my own and they told me they won't install customer supplied sensors.

I don't remember which brand they use, but I called another Costco location and they said they didn't have any in stock which is how this all started.

·
2011 Avalon Limited
1,085 Posts
Thanks to both Greasymechtech and Vangm25 for the reply. Since I don't have nor know anyone that has a TPMS programing tool, it will be a waste of time installing them myself.

I asked Costco to replace mine and was told the sensor was $65.00 plus service kit and programing so I told them to go ahead and order the tire pressure monitors. I've made several appointments and each time they either tell me the ones I've ordered were sold just before I arrived, or they haven't come in yet. After 5 times, I've given up on them. I asked if I could supply my own and they told me they won't install customer supplied sensors.

I don't remember which brand they use, but I called another Costco location and they said they didn't have any in stock which is how this all started.
Try another tire dealer. If you have Discount Tire in your area they could probably fix you up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 2011 Avalon Limited. I would appear Discount Tire is located in the States, I'm from Canada.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer Wants $130.00 to reprogram the 5 Denso sensors I want to replace. One dealer says they will only program OEM sensors.

·
Registered
191 Posts
$174 for the sensors and kit excl. shipping from rockauto + $130 dealer installation
Cosco sensor is $65 a piece? If yes then it's cheaper to go to the dealer, no?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
banditcilick

Rock auto wants $60. Canadian for each sensor and kit plus shipping and taxes. Costco wants $65.00 each plus $2.00 for the kit. Dealer wants $110.00 per sensor plus kit.

Regardless of the pricing I've made 5 attempts to have Costco order them and have 5 sensors installed, but each time I make the appointment to have them installed they state that the ones they've ordered have been sold, didn't arrive or are late. This is over the course of 2 months. Yes, I've asked them to place them aside and put my name and costco card number but all attempts have failed, so I've given up on Costco. Dealer is not an option based on the high price, therefore my other option is a different Costco location. I was hoping the diy was an option but I don't have the capability to program them myself and it's around $100.00 for a shop to program them

Keep in mind I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I searched around and found your thread from the past. Did you try the generic techstream thing?

Personally I think those sensors are waste of time and money

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
banditcilik
I had totally forgotten about my previous thread, I remember receiving it from China, but don't remember where I put it. I wonder if it would work with Windows 10. I'll have to find my previous thread to see when I ordered it, it's got to be a couple years.

I totally agree about the TPMS being a waste of time, I just wish I could get rid of the light in the dash without putting tape over it or removing the bulb.

Edit:
I clicked on your link.............approximately 5 years ago.............wooooow

·
Registered
2013 XLE Touring V6
285 Posts
I wonder if it would work with Windows 10.
If you find it, most likely,... no, it won't work on 10. Back in '15, the versions weren't yet 10 compatible. You may be able to find a newer version of the software which will work on 10, or you can create a virtual XP machine running within Windows 10 that you can then run the original software on. I took a simpler route and bought a $40 Windows XP laptop that I use only for this purpose.

Reactions: My Dream

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IE5QE0
Thanks for the reply. I'm not very pc savvy therefore I wouldn't be able to "create a virtual XP machine running with Windows 10. Heck my NuVo (whole home audio) system stopped working well when they abandoned the updates as I need a pc running Windows 7 to run the software.

Not sure what to do now, but I do appreciate all the replies.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still haven't been able to find it, but I'd be interested on how to disable if it's not too much work.

·
Registered
2013 XLE Touring V6
285 Posts
I still haven't been able to find it, but I'd be interested on how to disable if it's not too much work.
I did a search and found this post. It's got a link to a procedure to disable it. Maybe that's your solution. I don't have any experience with it but other owners gave positive comments.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts