Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Sienna / 2018 RAV4
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach winter tire season, it’s probably a good time to offer up some used TPMS tools. I recently bought an Autel TS508 (all functions in one), so it’s time to sell my older “2 Tool” solution kit consisting of:

1) Autel TS408. Used to ping existing sensors and read out Pressure, the ID Number you’ll need to upload to the vehicle, Battery status and tire Air Temperature. It can also wake up sensors in deep sleep, program blank Autel sensors to create clone sensors, etc. Updated with mid 2019 software.

What it CANNOT do: It can’t talk directly to the OBD port to upload the data it captures. For that you need tool #2.

2) ATEQ Quickset. This tool is the bridge interface between your home computer and the vehicle. Use the software on your PC to type in the 4 sensor ID Numbers that you captured with the TS-408 (or obtained by doing an ECU download, or if you were able to read the numbers directly off the sensor body). Transfer that data to the Quickset via a USB cable, then upload the Quickset data to the vehicle thru the OBD port. The process is bidirectional for downloading the codes of sensors currently in use. Updated with mid 2019 software.

You can get by with just the Quickset reasonably well, but the TS408 opens up a whole new set of possibilities for diagnostics, data capture, etc. I’ll sell together or separately. I did modify the Autel case to accommodate both tools. However, shipping together with the case increases the cost a bit.

Asking price for TS408 = $100 plus shipping. Alone in a small box UPS Ground figure on around $12. Alone in the plastic carrier in a larger box, UPS Ground figure around $17.

Asking price for Quickset = $75 plus shipping. Alone in a small box UPS Ground figure on around $10.

Asking price for both the TS408 and the Quickset together = $160 plus shipping. Together in a small box UPS Ground figure on around $13. Together in the plastic carrier in a larger box, UPS Ground figure around $19.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts