Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a deal on a set of 4 alum oem wheels so I don’t have to keep flip flopping winter/summer tires on my car. Rims didn’t come with any sensors, which is the best sensors to buy (aka not a cheap one that will be dead in a year, or one that can’t be “cloned”. Likely going to buy 2 sets of sensors and replace the ones in my set now also, as I have 2 that constantly leak, so might as well fix the problem instead of having to toss 6-8lbs of air into those tires every 2-3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think on my next winter tire change, im asking that they remove the tpms from there. its just a potencial leak in the future :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think on my next winter tire change, im asking that they remove the tpms from there. its just a potencial leak in the future :p
A valve stem is a valve stem, it’s not the tpms fault that mines leaking, it’s 10 years old almost and no shortage of corrosion on them

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have suggestions on a set of tpms sensors? Looking for clone-able ones? And what do I need to clone them?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone have suggestions on a set of tpms sensors? Looking for clone-able ones? And what do I need to clone them?

Rockauto has the Denso ones. Those work with the factory ones. I have replaced three out of the four sensors with the Denso ones.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rockauto has the Denso ones. Those work with the factory ones. I have replaced three out of the four sensors with the Denso ones.
Do they clone? And how do you do it? I’d like to have both sets have sensors so the stupid light isn’t light up for no reason

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do they clone? And how do you do it? I’d like to have both sets have sensors so the stupid light isn’t light up for no reason

I have a Costco membership and they charge $15 to replace the sensor. I just buy the sensor from RockAuto and take it there. They do the rest.. Here is the description of the sensor..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts