Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not feeling the love. It's an 07 ES350 but it's close enough to a Camry.

The TPMS light came on and it's not a flat. Blinks for a minute then goes steady so it is a system fault. Sensors are 13 years old so I figured one had died so just replace all five and be done with it. Bought five sensors off Amazon and took it to a local tire shop. They informed me that the four sensors on the ground were dead but the spare was OK. Then he said the four new ones I brought him were defective and his scanner could not read them. So I'm not loving Denso right now.

I'm looking for either a vendor that should have good Denso sensors or a recommendation for an aftermarket brand.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not feeling the love. It's an 07 ES350 but it's close enough to a Camry.

The TPMS light came on and it's not a flat. Blinks for a minute then goes steady so it is a system fault. Sensors are 13 years old so I figured one had died so just replace all five and be done with it. Bought five sensors off Amazon and took it to a local tire shop. They informed me that the four sensors on the ground were dead but the spare was OK. Then he said the four new ones I brought him were defective and his scanner could not read them. So I'm not loving Denso right now.

I'm looking for either a vendor that should have good Denso sensors or a recommendation for an aftermarket brand.
I find it hard to believe that 4 Denso parts are DOA. Denso is OEM supplier to Toyota. I am much more suspicious of the mechanic. Take the sensors to another shop and see if they can read them.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it hard to believe that 4 Denso parts are DOA. Denso is OEM supplier to Toyota. I am much more suspicious of the mechanic. Take the sensors to another shop and see if they can read them.
I've worked with these guys for twenty years. He didn't charge me for the work he did just said "Send them back and when you get the new ones we will settle it then".
I was thinking Rock Auto. Just wondering how old the stock is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was thinking Rock Auto. Just wondering how old the stock is.
Probably not very. This has to be one of the highest volume parts businesses out there, and TPMS sensors fail "with some regularity" compared to many other parts secondary to their rough service environment. The probability of "old stock" is small.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I bought the aftermarket denso tpms from rockauto, it came in sleeping mode, what I did was took a picture of the sensor ID, installed them, and it activated itself upon inflated tire to recommend psi, and then I was able to register new sensor to ecu

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,923 Posts
The Denso, as per description, should be first time fit other than registering the IDs. Even if these Denso's are old, assuming my 08 Camry came out of the factory in November 2007 with its same wheels my TPMS is over 13 years old and still going so unless they sell some that are a decade old I would not worry that much about them. Shelf life should be plenty high since they don't really do anything...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Returned the first batch and reordered five Denso sensors from Rock Auto. They went in fine and issue solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts