Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably around 500 HP and about 200 - 250 lbs of luxury amenities/insulation shaved off

https://www.autonews.com/article/20181206/OEM04/181209832/superfast-lexus-rc-f-track-edition-to-debut-at-detroit-auto-show

Bob Carter, Toyota’s executive vice president for North America sales, told Automotive News: “There’s still some of us that like to drive fast, and there’s some of us that like to drive really fast. And for those customers, we have something they’ll enjoy.”

Production will be “very very limited,” Carter said.

“With the exception of LF-A, this is the fastest most powerful vehicle that we’ve ever built,” he said.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
hmmm, only 472 HP (A whopping 5+ HP increase over the RCF 5.0 V8) and 395 lbs of torque but impressively manages 0-60 less than 4 sec.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, only 472 HP (A whopping 5+ HP increase over the RCF 5.0 V8) and 395 lbs of torque but impressively manages 0-60 less than 4 sec.
The weight reduction is the most impressive thing. 180 lbs without taking out amenities like those very heavy front seats, back seats or the ML 17 speaker system, is very impressive. Also, it has shorter gearing, which will act as a good force multiplier.

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
The weight reduction is the most impressive thing. 180 lbs without taking out amenities like those very heavy front seats, back seats or the ML 17 speaker system, is very impressive. Also, it has shorter gearing, which will act as a good force multiplier.
Glad they found a way to make it lighter 4 years later...but honestly, it is a win in a diminishing sales category. You should try the new one and see how the drive experience compares to yours. I do like that the RC now has Carplay while others like the IS and GS (on their last years) don't have them still.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad they found a way to make it lighter 4 years later...but honestly, it is a win in a diminishing sales category. You should try the new one and see how the drive experience compares to yours. I do like that the RC now has Carplay while others like the IS and GS (on their last years) don't have them still.
Everything is around 3800 - 3900 lbs these days. The GT350R with the track focus and all of the lightweight materials, still is over 3800 lbs. Even a KIA Stinger or Q60 Red sport are 3900 - 4100 lbs. The fact that Lexus made the track edition 3780 lbs, is quite impressive considering they did not take out those heavy front seats or the back seat or the 17 speaker ML stereo.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally getting the props it deserves. Top Gear called the track edition better than M4.

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seen that review and it is completely useless calling it a $32K sports package. Even Top Gear magazine actually called the track edition better than M4. The difference is pretty significant between a carbon/TVD RCF and track edition especially with the brakes.

Regarding the premium, a carbon fiber/TVD RCF (like the one I have), is $81,000 USD and the track edition is $96,000 USD. That is a difference of $15,000. It looks like a big premium, but once the price of carbon ceramic brakes, which are $12,000 and all the extra carbon fiber on the hood and the diffuser etc. is factored in with the 176 lbs weight reduction, it is not a steep increase over a loaded Carbon/TVD RCF.

Talking to people looking to buy one, it is certainly not easy to get a hold of these. There are 1 per dealership and those dealerships are only the one's that have a good track record of selling RCF and other F cars with 50 in total in the US. Most of the dealers have been shut out. Then, there is the waiting list where people are being told to put their name, in case the buyer decides to backout etc. Unless the dealerships try to mark them up, my guess is they will definitely get taken quickly.

·
straight cash homie
18,802 Posts
Seen that review and it is completely useless calling it a $32K sports package. Even Top Gear magazine actually called the track edition better than M4. The difference is pretty significant between a carbon/TVD RCF and track edition especially with the brakes.

Regarding the premium, a carbon fiber/TVD RCF (like the one I have), is $81,000 USD and the track edition is $96,000 USD. That is a difference of $15,000. It looks like a big premium, but once the price of carbon ceramic brakes, which are $12,000 and all the extra carbon fiber on the hood and the diffuser etc. is factored in with the 176 lbs weight reduction, it is not a steep increase over a loaded Carbon/TVD RCF.

Talking to people looking to buy one, it is certainly not easy to get a hold of these. There are 1 per dealership and those dealerships are only the one's that have a good track record of selling RCF and other F cars with 50 in total in the US. Most of the dealers have been shut out. Then, there is the waiting list where people are being told to put their name, in case the buyer decides to backout etc. Unless the dealerships try to mark them up, my guess is they will definitely get taken quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnpkUnJ0H0w
If you have one, you will be in an exclusive club, almost like the LFA.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you have one, you will be in an exclusive club, almost like the LFA.

Yeah, it would be rare for sure. I personally would keep my RCF and mod it. I put on a full titanium cat back exhaust and it really made the car who lot more fun. The stock exhaust was quiet as hell. Also, it gave an additional 20 whp. I will do some small mods here and there like replacing the lower control arms for stiffer bushings etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the most significant upgrades for the Track Edition comes in the form of Brembo-sourced carbon ceramic brakes. These exotic stoppers combined with the lightweight 19-inch forged wheels from BBS account for 55 of the Track Edition's missing pounds. Because of all the lightweight materials, changed gearing and launch control, the Track Edition can make the sprint to 60 miles per hour in under 4 seconds.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 19 of 19 Posts