Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
STi Killer :0)
06 taco
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... I'm contemplating with all of this TRD intake talk being a direct "snug fit" from the fender port and the aFe isnt. A lot of talk being aFe is NOT a "real" cold air intake. I was wondering if I can get suggestions if i should trade my aFe for the TRD... ANy Suggestions will help!!! thanks boys! :confused:

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you have to ask whether to trade your AFE for a TRD intake, then I'm guessing you have buyers remorse. If your like me, then you already know the answer to your question. You'll never be happy until you get the TRD.

How much can you get for your AFE?

·
06 taco
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
not sure how much i can get... i've used it since october/november. I bought it before the darn TRD one came out. I bought it for $275. ANy takers? hahaha How much are TRD ones anyways?!?! does anyone have detailed pics (close ups) of the installed TRD intake. I really wanna see how "snug" it is to the side fender port". thanks!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Doesnt AFE make the TRD intake? I thought I read that on TTORA maybe I am mistaken

·
05 prerunner trd off road
05 taco prerunner
32 Posts
i have the trd intake. mine fits quite snug. i can sell you a brand new one for $325.00 plus shipping. if you find one cheaper let me know first, i'll see if i can beat it.

·
05 taco prerunner
32 Posts
i see that the toyota parts people have it for 310. i can match that and will need a zip for a shipping quote. i don't have them in stock but if a few people commit to buying them i will start keeping them. i only takes a couple days for mr to get them. if my local warehouse has them i can get them the next day. anyone interested let me know.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Chipper57 said:
^ you have got to be blind
look at the baffle that fits into the wheel well. On AFE, it is more rounded, TRD, more oval...not same.

·
06 taco
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
OMG!!! i got mine before they made that entire enclosure... i got JIPPED!!!!... i have a aluminum box with aluminum lid... no direct port to fender vent...UGH!!!! anyone want my AFE?!?!

·
Registered
947 Posts
azntony85 said:
OMG!!! i got mine before they made that entire enclosure... i got JIPPED!!!!... i have a aluminum box with aluminum lid... no direct port to fender vent...UGH!!!! anyone want my AFE?!?!
Yeah, that sucks man. Not that it makes a whole bunch of difference, but still sucks.

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
mdtrdtaco said:
i see that the toyota parts people have it for 310. i can match that and will need a zip for a shipping quote. i don't have them in stock but if a few people commit to buying them i will start keeping them. i only takes a couple days for mr to get them. if my local warehouse has them i can get them the next day. anyone interested let me know.

Why can't the part be shipped directly from the warehouse to the customer ???

Or, from the warehouse to a local dealership, so noone has to pay shipping ???

Marc M

·
05 taco prerunner
32 Posts
toyota will not drop ship to anyone other than the dealership that ordered it. all of the dealerships are independently owned so the odds of getting another dealer to go along with it is going to be hard seeing that the price your paying is almost at dealer cost. it does not cost anymore for toyota to ship it to me, the only shipping you pay is for me to ship to you.

·
Mountaineer
499 Posts
AzzKicker I am not talking about that model of the AFE. It seems they have a new desing that looks identical to the TRD

·
06 taco
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I Want The New Design!!!! Ugh!!!

·
Registered
2006 Tacom DC 4x2
161 Posts
Any dyno results with this . I see that it is advertized to increase horsepower by 13 and torque by 22 acording for the afe.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts