Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to post a thread like this without pictures yet, but I'm too damn excited. I just traded in my 99 XLE v6 camry for a 2005 Toyota X-Runner. Oh my God I love this truck. This thing handles. It sticks to the road way better than my camry which was dropped on 18"s with the tokico/eibach setup and the trd rsb. And the power:jerkit: my god this things got balls. I bought the first one our dealer got. It is the speedway blue color. I am in love with this truck. I'll post some pictures from the web for now, it looks exactly like this truck.

I'll get some pics of my truck Tommorrow. After I zaino it:cool:

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
dope and different.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
awesome, hey how much did they give u for the camry when u traded it in? also u traded into toyota rite?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I got pissed when I only saw "I traded in my camry..." on the main page. Then I came in to the Camry forum and saw that it said you got an XRunner and I creamed my pants:eek:

Those things are sooo fucking sick!!!! I want one!!!! How much did they finalize it at for power? Is the supercharger out? How is the drop on it? Can you feel that X brace in action?

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
you lucky son of a gun!!! I want one! That thing is gorgeous! The best looking truck out there rite now IMO. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Don't have to answer it if don't want to:p: . I'm just curious.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got back from putting about 60 miles on it. This thing is crazy fast, and I haven't even floored it. I'm having a hard time keeping it under 3k rpm, it's just too tempting. My left leg isn't used to doing all the shifting either. I am amazed at how well this thing handles, it's pretty hard to get the front tires to screech at all. Toyota used the 350z's handling ability's as the goal for the handling and I have got to say that it handles almost as well but 5x more the comfort over potholes, dips and rough road compared to the 350z. The xrunner has 245 hp and 282 ft lbs of torque. As far as I know the supercharger hasn't came out yet. I'm not sure if I am going to supercharge it or not. I will absolutely be getting a big brake kit either TRD/wilwood/brembo/stoptech. Whatever looks/performs best. A shortshifter is a must. But stock isn't too bad but still feels like a truck.

THe MSRP on this truck is 23,805.00 including the 4 piece carpet floor mats, and delivery, proc., and handling fees. I was amazed at how cheap it was. The 04 S-Runner was over 25k.

If anybody is interested in purchasing my 99 camry the car will be going for sale at my dealership. If interested please pm me and I can go into detail with what has been done to the car.

Now I gotta do some research on the parts that are coming out. I'm glad I get a discount from work on all the trd stuff.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And there is no question... You WILL SUPERCHARGE IT!
If you can't pay for it, I'll take up a fund on here to pay for it.

I guess your off to the lonley truck section then aren't you :(

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Mechanical & Performance
-245HP V6 DOHC 24V Engine w/VVT-i
-6 Speed manual transmission
-X-Brace Tuned Rear susp. w/staggered outboard mounted Bilstein shocks
-Coil over Shock Double A-arm Fr. Susp.
-Front and Rear Stabilizer bars
-Pwr Assisted Fr Disc/Rear Drum brakes
-Pwr assisted Rack and Pinion Steering
-18" Alloy wheels w/ 255/45/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires
-limited slip differential

Safety
-4 wheel abs w/electronic brake force distribution (EBD) & brake assist (BA)
-DR & Fr pass. dual stage airbags w/occupant classification System
-Pass. airbag cutoff switch
-DR and Pass 3pt seatbelts w/pretensioner and force limiters
-rr outboard 3 pt seatbelts
-CRS Lower (ISOFIX) & Top Tether anchors
-Side impact door beams

Exterior
-SMC Composite inner bed w/steel outer panels, rail caps, and removable tailgate
-Deck rail system w/4 adj. Tie-down cleats
-115v/400w Deck mounted power point (electrical plug outlet in bed of truck)
-Dual access doors
-color keyed exterior and body kit
-Black grille and tailgate handle

Comfort and convenience
-Sport Seats w/Dr-side adjustable lumbar support
-tumble flat R seats w/underseat storage
-air conditioner
-AM/FM/CD w/6 disc in dash changer, 6 speakers and steering wheel audio controls
-tilt/telescoping steering wheel
-engine immobilizer
-Leather steering wheel and shifter
-Metallic tone instrument panel trim w/LED illuminated Gauges
Cig lighter + auxillary power point
-2 FR/1 ctr/3 rr console cup holders
***Full Tank of Gas***

The only optional equipment was the floor mats.

The mpg rating is between 16 city and 21 highway mpg.

The truck was built in Fremont California at the NUMMI plant.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SmokingTiresV6 said:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And there is no question... You WILL SUPERCHARGE IT!
If you can't pay for it, I'll take up a fund on here to pay for it.

I guess your off to the lonley truck section then aren't you :(
LOL yeah i'll problably be whorin it up over there some. Still got mad love for the camry and I am sad I'm not be able to keep it. And I just got done matting the entire car with rammat60. So if anyone want's it it is prepped for a baddass system. You're right I'll probably end up supercharging it.:lol:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and I forgot to mention this thing turns heads like crazy. In those 60 miles of driving I have been challenged to a race by a gs300, a focus, a nissan frontier, and two hot white chicks in a 4runner. :lol:

·
Registered
884 Posts
God damn! It's a 6 SPD? I thought it was automatic...
Hey does it come with a V8?

I'm not suprised it handels really well,Dodges SRT Truck is amazing too!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts