Registered
06 Tundra Crew Cab
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
just wondering why, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
There were some pretty good discounts on 06 Tundras. A loaded doublecab Limited is a pretty sharp truck. But I don't think I could rid of my Tacoma, except for maybe a loaded 07 Tundra.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
slamdtaco,

I noticed that you had the Fabtech lift on your Tacoma and was wondering if you had the driveline vibration problems that a lot of people have with other brand 3" lifts as far as having a low speed 0-15 mph. shimmy when pulling out from a stop in the rear and a vibration at higher speeds 35+ mph when driving down the road?

Also did you happen to measure the rear of your truck after installing the lift block from the ground to center of the fender well?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pb said:
There were some pretty good discounts on 06 Tundras. A loaded doublecab Limited is a pretty sharp truck. But I don't think I could rid of my Tacoma, except for maybe a loaded 07 Tundra.
My son just bought a loaded 4WD DC Tundra(retractable sun/moon(?) roof, power rear windshield(?). captain's seats, etc etc). It's really too fancy for me, but things that I do like:
A. Full set of gauges
B. Better vision out the windshield--it's taller and not as "slopey" as the Tacoma
C. 4wd engages and disengages much more positively than my Tacoma
D. Metal bed with a real tailgate!!

·
Registered
06 Tundra Crew Cab
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
BabyBlue said:
slamdtaco,

I noticed that you had the Fabtech lift on your Tacoma and was wondering if you had the driveline vibration problems that a lot of people have with other brand 3" lifts as far as having a low speed 0-15 mph. shimmy when pulling out from a stop in the rear and a vibration at higher speeds 35+ mph when driving down the road?

Also did you happen to measure the rear of your truck after installing the lift block from the ground to center of the fender well?
I actually had the Toytec spacer lift with the Alcan AAL. The pic on my cardomain page is the toytec lift from when they were using a fabtech AAL.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i kinda like the sport package DC tundras, especially with the good deals going around.....but i think i'd want the new one though

·
Registered
308 Posts
my buddy just picked up a used ivan stewart edition tundra. anyone ever heard of them? i never heard of them, but apparently they came with the TRD V8 charger from the factory. he claims it runs 14's. i would think about trading for something like that. i definitely would like something alittle quicker and sometimes i want a larger truck, auto is also nice (MT is annoying in traffic + towing). i almost traded for a lightning at one point but i couldn't get over my ford hate. sometimes the tacoma is nice though, i think it looks good, does just about everything i need it to do truck wise and still gets decent milage and is not a pain to manuever around and park.

·
Only 48 more payments.
2005 Toyota Tacoma
420 Posts
Congrats I'm close to doing the same thing. Not sure if I'm getting new though. My father is buying my Tacoma from me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts