Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all of the posts regarding the trailer hitch. Thanks to all of the information available on this site I've decided to get the factory hitch.

I've seen pricing as low as $365 / $92 as high as $555 / $125 for the hitch and harness respectively.

For those who have purchased the hitch can you please list where and how much you paid?

Thank you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just asked my local dealer if they could price match another dealer's quote and they agreed. I just went online, found what I thought was a good deal, printed it and took it to them. They had to confirm the price with the dealer but they did match it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Camry XLE
1,643 Posts
I just asked my local dealer if they could price match another dealer's quote and they agreed. I just went online, found what I thought was a good deal, printed it and took it to them. They had to confirm the price with the dealer but they did match it.

Wow!!!

The Seattle dealers I have gone to wouldn't deal. With the economy the way it is it sure doesn't hurt to ask.

To the OP original question. I have used the sites mentioned above with good service. The Texas dealerships seem to have OEM parts when others don't. Example: Exhaust tip, Roof Rack Rails when others didn't. Color matched Mud Guards.

A online source closer to you on the east coast would be Toyota of Nashua in New Hampshire.

The PT228-69080 Hitch and facia is $367.21 and the PT219-48871 wire harness you also need is $92.40 and comes with the converter box that installs under the dash.

http://www.toyotaofnashuaparts.com/index.cfm

You have to enter your zip code to see your cost.
As always with any mail order costs you need to factor in shipping costs in order to know the true cost to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Summerwind. The site you listed is the cheapest I've found. I feel when shopping on the internet there is always a better deal. Other than calling a local dealer for a price match, I think this is the site to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts