Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tranny question

957 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rayprog 
#1 · (Edited)
During transmission service following part (see picture) was found today in the transmission pan. Car is shifting fine. I did not notice anything unusual except that on idle RMP gets changed back and force rapidly (+/- 150) a few times during last month. Probably for the same reason engine stall once when I was coming to stop at the tool booth (happened about month ago). Any suggestion what is that part and what to expect next?
Car: Toyota Camry 92 V6

See less See more
#7 ·
Yep, after flush. It was in the pan .. Finally I took car to Mr. Transmission because Toyota dealership know nothing about this part. So regarding mechanic it is piece of high pressure valve (I have no clue). I'll pick car today evening and give it a short run for about 2 - 3k in next few day to see how repairs was done.
My guess it gets broken about a month ago when I was driving in Wight Mountains area (NS,USA). I've heard metal bang. It was seem to me like part of the car came out. I pulled over, inspected everything I was able .. nothing. But engine stat sound weird on acceleration - it is not a usual sound as it use to be. I dove about 6k since, gets wires, rotor, distributor cap and plugs replaced - it doesn't help - till this part was accidentally found in tranny pan.
I’ll update post when I have more news.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.