Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im going with the c52 tranmission swap and i need some advice.....:D so far i already got done, id pull the dashboard apart so i can unbolt the shifter/cable,pedal assembly, clutch lines and master/slave cylinders i decide to pull all the main wiring that runs from the ECU to the engine bay and the ECU of course, because i seen a sensor on the manual tranny thats a little different and my wire from my car dont have, so ill be swaping the wires and ECU cause i dont want a CEL . Tomorrow i will get that tranmission out of there and also flywheel, clutch, thrust bearing, pressure plate.Is it better to buy a new thrust bearing or can i just use that same one?

Am i missing anything??
any info would be great. If anyone would like to see some pictures of swap in process let me know,I'll start taking pictures tomorrowand post them up so we all can know whats going on and if im doing it right or wrong .:)

ill stop here for now ill update more later when i take the tranny(C52) out.\
Oh yeah,almost forgot .............i have alot of EXTRA parts for a 1991 Toyota corolla 4 door sedan with a 4AFE engine, with the third connecting rod blown out of the side of the block, if anyone need anything let me know and ill hit you back up with a good deal thats if i still have it.:thumbup: :eek:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Better off to get yourself a new clutch kit... that way you get the Pressure plate, clutch and Thrust bearing, and you know they are all new and aligned. It may also pay to get your flywheel professionally machined and balanced, coz u dont want that thing to break on you.

Another thing is, you may want to check the grommit going through the firewall for the shifter cables... a manual needs two holes and from memory, the auto's only have one. This can be found dead centre of the firewall above the steering column, but below the vacum hoses.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would check the rear main seal and see if it is leaking. I hope it isn't, but since everything is open, it would be easy to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
so i have to make an extra hole?:hammer:eek:h yeah also when i pop the axle on the driver side out is oil supose to come out or is there supose to be something there to seal the oil in?

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup:

ok today i finally got the tranny down from that AE92 .....MAN! !! thats not very easy when you dont have anyone around to help,beside all that, its all "Gravy baby":D
i was just wondering if my axle from the auto tranny would fit in the manual one and what the heck is that little black box just right behide the glove box and clue anyone?????:confused:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ I have a C50 in good shape that has done 220,000km if you dont mind paying shipping from Oz... But it is better to get one from a junkyard in your local area.

bluedemon: It may fit, but then the number of teeth could be different, or it could be a different length. Best bet is to try and fit it and see if it works... whats the worst that can happen? You'll snap an axle and need to get a new one anyway.

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally!!!!just got done and now my car runs like sh*t ......:eek: first gear takes off slowly until second then it start to go a bit faster and it only goes up to a sertant point on every gear then it start to shutter untill i shift it and the power is not kickin in at all but if i rev. it then let my tire burn thats when the power kicks in ,other than that it suck butt:disappoin anyone have any idea what this could be???
my auto tranny takes off faster then this but i like the manual tranny cause it makes my ride way...............lighter than before.
Any info would be greatly appreciated....:(

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well today i finally fix that bad boy.guess wat happend:confused: the damn throw out bearing came loose .dunno how that happen...but its running smooth now..:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts