Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 V6 Camry
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well i have a 1997 v6 camry and ive been noticing that when i'm driving, if i let off the gas my rpms just drop quickly but it does shift smooth. any idea why? the fluid is the original and ive kinda been looking for an excuse to change it even though its not too dark and doesnt smell burnt

·
Registered
1997 V6 Camry
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well im not sure about 1100 but well below 2k. i drained and filled the fluid in my trans pan and i can already see it doing better, now it drops smoother and slower, but could it be anything else?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has it always done this? Because it seems normal to me for the RPM's to drop to around 1000-1100 as soon as you let go of the gas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also notice this on mine too, and I just recently change the transmission oil and still no difference. If i drop the gas pedal, the rpm goes to about 1000 1100 rpm. Is my idle normal at 1000k when park during start of the engine and about 800 to 900 when stop while driving.

·
Registered
1997 V6 Camry
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has it always done this? Because it seems normal to me for the RPM's to drop to around 1000-1100 as soon as you let go of the gas.
no it hasnt always done this, it always decreased rpms when i let off the gas (obviously) but recently it falls almost instantly down instead of easing down and i can kinda feel the loss of power/ loss of speed when coasting when this happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts