Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,739 Posts
it would help if you described what jumping means =)

my shifting pressure is set at max, and with worn front and rear mounts, 1st and 2nd change = the engine slamming on the mounts every time =)

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
^^ with setting it to the max, what exaclty does it do other than hurt the mounts? is it more like a personal preference or does it actually help a bit in any way?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
terrastfire ,what is the shifting pressure, and if i can adjust it where is it located. also i did replace the engine like 3 month ago so maybe they did not adjust it the way it suppose to be.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,739 Posts
the more pressure = the faster the tranny shifts, less heat and wear to the tranny, a faster more sporty feeling shift but at the expensive of the mounts going bad quicker =)

the adjustment is the kickdown cable.. theres 2 cables to ya TB, ones the throttle the other goes to the tranny... make that tighter to increase pressure make that looser to decrease, and give ya car a luxyry smooth cant feel the shift at all shifts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.