Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
How do you check what about the transmission? Overheating? Fluid condition? Fluid level? Slipping? Even there? What?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
There is no dipstick to check the fluid level.........

There is a TSB with all the steps to follow to properly check the level.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
What do you want to do? Check fluid condition and level?? You can't. The system is sealed and should be good for the life of the car or 100k miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
I would doubt the OP's capabilities to follow the TSB procedures.

It is critical that the fluid be warmed to 104-113 degrees F which the Toyota techs can determine with their Techstream monitor.

The TSB number is TC014-07 and can be downloaded from a few locations.

Take it to the dealer...................................

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
From what I understand and read from various sources, the reason car manufactures got rid of the dip stick is because most people do not know how to check the fluid level on a transmission so the got rid of it. Which makes sense to me, as so many people check it as if they are checking the motor oil. A lot people over or under fill and thus causing transmission failure.

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
It doesn't come with a dipstick because its a closed transmission. You don't have to worry about your transmission until after 100Kmiles, which then you have to take it in to get your tranny fluid flushed.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
From what I understand and read from various sources, the reason car manufactures got rid of the dip stick is because most people do not know how to check the fluid level on a transmission so the got rid of it. Which makes sense to me, as so many people check it as if they are checking the motor oil. A lot people over or under fill and thus causing transmission failure.
Could be, but reading a lot of threads there are clowns that can't even check their engine oil correctly......

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
It doesn't come with a dipstick because its a closed transmission. You don't have to worry about your transmission until after 100Kmiles, which then you have to take it in to get your tranny fluid flushed.
Right, tell that to all those who've had screwed up 6 speeds.............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.