Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal,

Lately my clutch pedal has felt like it wasnt coming up all the way, sometimes when i try to shift into first gear, it wont go, but then i shift into reverse, and it grinds a little, then it will go into first gear. I checked the clutch fluid, its full, and i cant find the dipstick on my transmission, anybody know where that is?

I had people telling me its my transmission, then i have other people telling me its my master cylinder, has anybody ever had this problem?????

Camry
5sfe motor, with manual tranny

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pump the clutch a few time before you go into reverse or first. If it goes in easyer when you pump it you have air in the line from a leaking part. Look at the master and see if you can see anything wet either outside or on the firewall inside the car. If you can then its bad. Look at the slave and see if its wet if it is then its bad.

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
There is no dipstick on a manual tranny.

The fluid level is checked by removing the filler bolt on the backside of the tranny.

And I agree with the other guy. Check your clutch master and slave cylinder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Camryamnesty said:
ok, where is the slave located, and i just look for wetness?
:lol: Thats what I asker her:)

The slave is on the bellhousing. If you follow the line from the master down you should find it. Have you tried pumping the clutch, did it make a difference?

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i have pumped it, and i also bled the lines...
i took it to a tranny shop today and they told me that they think my clutch is going again, i just replaced it in JANUARY 2004!!!! WTF is going on here!? lol

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, does anybody know where I can find... like a tutorial on how to change the clutch in a 92 camry, or does anybody know that can make me a tutorial so i can do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts