Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks. If it takes you 1 hour then probably going to take me 3 (never done it before) ::=(
It’s very straight forward. Just need the tools and you actually researching so that you feel comfortable doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
My gf car got about 31k miles and I am thinking about doing a atf fluid change on it. Just wondering if anyone here has done it? 18 SE JVin

How’s the tranny after the service?

My first question is; Have you preformed this procedure before? I ask for two reasons. 1. Your question here.
2. If you haven’t done it before then watch and read about it. Before you attempt it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My first question is; Have you preformed this procedure before? I ask for two reasons. 1. Your question here.
2. If you haven’t done it before then watch and read about it. Before you attempt it.
I have done a similar procedure on my 16 iM CVT. And it’s basically the same

·
Registered
462 Posts
2018 Camry 2.4L SE Jvin 31,450 miles

Just did it. Pretty straight forward
Did 2 drain and fills.
Things you need:
QuickJack or Jackstands
Leveler
24mm socket (fill plug)
10mm Allen wrench (drain plug)
6mm Allen (straw)
21mm socket (wheels)

Some stuff to take out plastic pins

Measuring container* first drain needs to be measured as it is replacing cold fluid with cold fluid*

Techstream (bootlegged if needed) for temp check between 95F-113F for optimal fluid check with the given straw very important

6 qt of AT WS Toyota from dealer

9043014008 (drain plug Gasket)

hardest part of the Job in order- 1 hardest 5 easier

1. Leveling the car for fluid check
2. Accessing the stupid Fill Plug
3. Removing all the plastics underneath the car very very annoying

Watch the video in this thread for guidance and have alil bit of experience with cars. I did my 2016 Scion iM as well couple of months ago with a CVT and it’s the same procedure. Very easy and doable. Saved a ton of money. Fluid was not full black but def brownish purple.

Goodluck

Would have been nice if you filmed it. :)

What did you use to refill the tranny fluid?

How much did you drained out? I see you did 2 drains. One is at cold and one at optimum fluid check? How much was drained cold vs warm?

Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Would have been nice if you filmed it. :)

What did you use to refill the tranny fluid?

How much did you drained out? I see you did 2 drains. One is at cold and one at optimum fluid check? How much was drained cold vs warm?

Thanks
Drained cold first. Refilled with cold, ran engine for about 40 seconds shift change 3 seconds each then let it idle for rest then drain again. Then refill with whatever I had left. Did the temp check, once it’s in fluid temp level, car is leveled, then take off the drain plug, let it drip until small drops make sure you are within 95F-113F if more then you better do it again, reinstall drain plug. Done

I drained about 2550ml first and 2550 second drain

·
Registered
462 Posts
Drained cold first. Refilled with cold, ran engine for about 40 seconds shift change 3 seconds each then let it idle for rest then drain again. Then refill with whatever I had left. Did the temp check, once it’s in fluid temp level, car is leveled, then take off the drain plug, let it drip until small drops make sure you are within 95F-113F if more then you better do it again, reinstall drain plug. Done

I drained about 2550ml first and 2550 second drain

I see. Drain and refill same amount. Make sure at optimal temperange range check, the remove drain plug until it trickles and reinstall drain plug.

What did you used to refill the transmission fluid?

Did you find out the torque specs?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I see. Drain and refill same amount. Make sure at optimal temperange range check, the remove drain plug until it trickles and reinstall drain plug.

On the last refill, I made sure I put more than I drain out. By doing this, I won’t have the risk of having to fill more fluid while the car is in temp.

You gonna drain it on correct temp and level anyway.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

What did you used to refill the transmission fluid?

Did you find out the torque specs?
I didn’t. Lol. F it. I would next time tho

21 - 31 of 31 Posts