Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have hard time getting the correct transmission fluid level for my 2001 Sienna. I had transmission flushed around 30k mile and now it has around 60K miles. The dipstick is not straight in this van. The oil mark on the dipstick is always way high over the upper end of Hot mark.

I am wondering if I did not pull the dipstick out properly or it might inidicate something else.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks a lot in advance!
Andrew

·
Registered
2015 Camry XLE V6
111 Posts
Assuming you are:
- on level ground
- engine at proper operating temp
- engine running in Park
- haven't added any fluid
then there is probably too much fluid in the tranny.

If still in doubt, take it to a local garage and have them check it. Should do it for free.

IMHO Given you have 30M on it anyway, I would be thinking about changing it again. My '04 takes 5 quarts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

I thought there might be some oil in the dipstick tube, which might give wrong reading on the dipstick. I am wondering if there is a way to clean the tube.

Do you konw how much oil will need for Sienna 2001?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
2015 Camry XLE V6
111 Posts
Not sure about amount. I would buy 5-6 quarts. Check your owner manual and make sure you get the right stuff. I buy the Toyota brand at the dealer. really not that much more and I am assured I have the right stuff.

To know how much to add, simply measure the amount you drain. Have a couple of empty milk jugs handy.

Cleaning the tube???? Really doubt that is the issue. You could go to a marine store and they sell a lower end lube pump. Not sure of the make, possibly quicksilver. I got mine at KMart in the marine area for like $5. Anyway, get a hose extension to insert in the base of the pump and you can remove trans fluid from the dip stick tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.