Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..I changed the transmission oil with the torque oil discharge, then I got a problem with the transmission, which is concussion at a speed of 40 miles to 60 miles .. Type of car Toyota Camry 2012 Canadian Origin..can u advice me..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What fluid brand/type used?

Did you check the level correctly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lubix it’s Turkish brand ..8 liters for transmission and torque converter also

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
What Lubix product?

8 liters means little....you need to check the level

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
They dont make compatible ATF for Toyota WS usage????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fluid is compatible I think..but the problem is that we mistake when we empty the torque converter..this is the first time we empty to TC ..do u think 8 liters is not enough..?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Dont think. Do post what fluid was used.

There is no way to empty the torque converter.

If you correctly checked the ATF level, the number of quarts means nothing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don’t remember what brand of fluid I was used .. but he didn’t touch the torque converter , he just unscrew the plug and let the fluid drain out. But this time he empty the TC so the problem appears..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well, the Lubex website i glanced at didnt list a full synthetic low viscosity ATF with Asian compatibility.
They list a bunch of DexronII/III equivalents which will destroy your transmission. That "concussion" is your transmission about to die.

Its only a $7000us transmission and only a Jinn would use unknown ATF and complain about concussions.

Reactions: johnwill

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Buy 16 quarts of Toyota-WS transmission fluid and perform a cooler line fluid exchange, 12 quarts pumps thru the ATF cooler, and save the last gallon for the transmission pan. Drop the AT pan, replace the filter with genuine Toyota ATF filter/oring/gasket, clean the magnets, and refill with final gallon of WS fluid. Check ATF level using an OBD scanner for proper ATF temp for proper overflow level check of the built-in removal pan straw.

Plenty of youtube videos and threads online that cover the u660(V6), and u760(4cyl), flushes, fluid level checks....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi ..I’m sorry for late reply..the mechanic do flush for the transmission fluid with 9 liters that make no difference, then he put a ( instant shudder fixx ) two boxes and the shudder is gone and the transmission is ok now .. so do you think it’s ok ..?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Shudder fix is a bandaid for bad or wrong fluid

·
Registered
363 Posts
If it was my car, I would try replacing two quarts at a time with WS fluid, to get back to original spec.

The incorrect fluid apparently was not sufficiently replaced before the Shudder Fix was added.

I would not want any more Shudder Fix friction-modifier additive in my transmission than proved to be absolutely necessary, so I would back-track toward 100% WS fluid (two quarts at a time) to see how much original fluid spec can be restored without symptoms. The additional flushing can only be good for your transmission's service life!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts