Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 Toyota Camry V6 LE with 121,000 miles

I've been noticing a leak and when I checked the oil on the road it had the red tint to in meaning it's transmission fluid. I would say it's a moderate leak. My transmission drives fine, but it will show up on the road if I'm parked over 3 hours and definitely needs to be taken care of.

I called the shop and asked for an estimate, and without them seeing the car it could range from $20 to $2k. I'm taking it in, but I'd like to have a better idea of what I might be in for. Has anyone else had this problem before?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
You have to look under the car see where its leaking from. It could be the pan gasket, a hose or a output shaft seal.

We cant give you any ideas untill you look....

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
A lot depends on where the leak is coming from... Could be a cheap fix or the transmission could have to come out. No way of knowing without actually seeing it.

·
Administrator
14,552 Posts
The power steering system uses ATF too. So it could be a power steering leak. More likely, actually. How big is the leak?... watch the level in the power steering reservoir. It doesn't hold much, so a smallish leak will show up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts