Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i'm not new here, just new to posting. i have a 94 Camry V6, and when the car sits in one place for a while...running or not. It won't shift out of first until much later than normal. it doesn't matter if i hold it steady with it cruising at a constant high rpm or if i rev it all the way to redline...it basically shifts to second gear when it wants, but once it does it's ok after that. there was a speed sensor code..not sure exactly which one, but my speedometer works fine. My O/D doesn't work though

Any answers?

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Well you've got three sensors which all work together and knowing exactly what the code(s) are would be pretty helpful.

From the engine you have:
crankshaft position/engine speed sensor
Trans:
No 1 vehicle speed sensor >> Detects and sends a vehicle speed signal to the ECM.
Direct Clutch Speed Sensor >> Detects the input shaft speed from 1 st gear to 3rd gear.

If the engine sensor died, you be asking other questions and have other problems. Because the No 1 seems to work, I'd guess the direct clutch sensor but the CODE is what we need!

Does P1705 sound familar? Does it shift at like 20 to 28mph?

P0720 = Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction (for Electronically Controlled Transaxle)
P01705 = ”NC2” Revolution Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Direct Clutch Speed Sensor)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll try to get the code from my friend how pulled it. it doesn't shift at all, doesn't matter the speed, until it just shifts. i can ride constant or rev it all the way to redline (not flooring it). But once it shifts to second the first time...it's fine after. sometimes it doesn't downshift to 1st until i give it some gas or manually put it in low, and o/d doesn't work

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
i'll try to get the code from my friend how pulled it. it doesn't shift at all, doesn't matter the speed, until it just shifts. i can ride constant or rev it all the way to redline (not flooring it). But once it shifts to second the first time...it's fine after. sometimes it doesn't downshift to 1st until i give it some gas or manually put it in low, and o/d doesn't work
K - sorry, I thought it did shift , just late!
What engine tranz does it have? Is it a 1MZ or 3VZ?

Take a look here and download the manual for review. It'll help you, help us.

http://camrystuff.com/

At the bottom is the Lexus stuff which has the 3VZ engine vs the 1MZ.

Toyota Gen3 (1992-1996) Camry Repair Manuals
Thanks to Jeeves @ ToyotaNation.com and RacingSouthwest.com

General Information:
1994 Camry Wiring Schematics (5.48MB)
1992-1996 Camry Parts List (18.92MB)
Wiring Harness Repair Methods (4.93MB)
Mk3 Camry/ES300 Repair Manual
Air Conditioning System (2.59MB)
A140E Automatic Transaxle (4.47MB)
A541E Automatic Transaxle - V6 Automatic Tansmission (4.76MB)
Body Electrical System (7.98MB)
Body (5.61MB)
Brake System (12.64MB)
Charging System (2.05MB)
Clutch (636KB)
5S-FE Engine (I4) (18.00MB)
1MZ-FE Engine (V6) (24.92MB)
Ignition System (2.05MB)
Introduction (1.50MB)
Maintenance (1.26MB)
Manual Transaxle (3.17MB)
Supplemental Restraint System - Air Bags (4.76MB)
Suspension and Axle (3.98MB)
Steering (2.74MB)
Starting System (1.66MB)
Entire Mk3 Camry Repair Manual: CamryRepairManual.rar (110.50MB)

Lexus Specific
1991 ES250 FSM (12.98MB)
1993 ES300 FSM (42.35MB)
1993 ES300 Technical Training (78.34MB)
1997 ES300 FSM (38.45MB)

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Also, what's the fluid look and smell like. Give details.

When is the last time it did work?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's a 1mz. trans fluid is good. just seems like when the fluid sits it doesn't want to shift out of first for a while, but once the passage is clear so to speak it's all good. like a stuffy nose...lol i think the o/d not working may be a seperate problem, but i guess we'll find out when i hear back from my friend on the code

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Could you please start a new thread on this issue, because I was confused by previous posts almost years old:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts