Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is WIX a decent brand of transmission oil filter for my 2016 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, V6 truck ?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,767 Posts
Is WIX a decent brand of transmission oil filter for my 2016 Toyota Tacoma 2WD, V6 truck ?
There's no filter, per say. There's a mesh screen, which doesn't even really need cleaning in my experience. If you remove the pan, you'll notice the screen is probably clean of debris. The magnets may have a metal "goo" all over them though. Clean them off and reinstall pan. Drain and fill the with trans fluid. That's really all you can do.
Did you get your cold air intake in AZ.?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, I was just curious being in Ca. too and having to deal with the associated automotive issues that creates!
So, I ordered a WIX transmission filter from O'Reilly Auto Parts which reportedly fit my 2016 Tacoma SR5, V6 3.5L.
The filter was the only one O'Reilly offered that fit my vehicle (Autozone didn't offer one).

Well, come to find out after I drained all the transmission fluid and dropped the pan, that the filter and gasket didn't fit. I continued with the fluid replacement process using the existing components. Interestingly the pan has a semi-permanent rubber gasket which looked in good condition. It was quite an arduous task pumping by hand the fluid into the filler hole underneath the vehicle.
I did this yesterday. I will check today for leaks. The truck seems to be shifting somewhat easier now. I don't believe the fluid had been replaced since I purchased the truck new in January 2016. The used fluid was muddy and brown.
What is your experience replacing the fluid on your truck?
What is the model & year . . . ?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,767 Posts
Maybe someone else will chime in here because I've never owned a vehicle with an automatic.
How many miles on the old fluid?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,767 Posts
Well, I think you beat Toyota's recommendations and now that it's done and you noticed an improvement it was a good idea!

·
イリジウム
12,207 Posts
Just curios, which Wix? 58136? Do you have the A 750 transmission? Aftermarket catalogs can be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts