Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a question regarding my 93 Camry.

When you accelerate and the car changes from first to second gear the car jerks and then continues moving. When changing from second to third is does the same thing again.

I noticed that if i take O/D off the problem occurs less but still occurs, does anyone know what would cause this problem, I want to know if its worth fixing or if I may need a new tranny.

Please email me back soon or post a reply

[email protected]

Ryan

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Slams in to gear? Do a search.

Could be anything from engine mounts, major trannie work needed or just a simple flush to help you out.

Suffering the same fate.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
my gen2 does this too only from 1st to 2nd.. i wanna do a flush but i'm scared after all the horror stories i heard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horror stories?

What horror stories, I dont want to replace the whole tranmission that is to much money :(

Has anyone else had this problem where it was something cheap to fix?

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Did this occur only under hard acceleration? When was the last time you change your transmission oil? Was it a flush or drain/refill?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EKam im not sure when the last time the transmission fluid was replaced, but its being flushed this weekend i guess ill let u guys know what happens then

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey man, i got a 93 V6 Camry too, and when I accelerate it shifts rapidly (not smoothly) from 1st to 2nd. 2nd to 3rd isnt as obvious, but 1st to 2nd is a big jump and is rather annoying.

So far the two suggestions I have gotten here are

1. To change the trans fluid, and
2. To do a trans flush.

How much does a flush generally cost here in Canada?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Ryanscar said:
What do you mean it slams into gear?

I think ill try that flush first

Ryan
A harsh shift, I can calm it by easing off the throttle at approx the shift point but if I am in a hurry, its very noticable.
I think its a build up/gunk problem, I have flushed once (3 months ago) and plan to do it again. I am also looking at going with an external trannie cooler. Anyone here do that?

Edit: The flush, including differential here in US was approx $100, all in. Replacement rebuilds including labor approx $1400. Going to run with it for a while because I am broke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts