Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2007 Toyota Tacoma 6 speed manual is not wanting to go into gear or has trouble going into gear when the transmission is cold but when the transmission is warmed up it has no problem shifting. I have checked the fluid is full. Thank you

·
13,393 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

How many miles do you have on the vehicle? Any maintenance performed prior to this issue? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? When was the last time the transmission gear oil was changed? What oil weight do you have in there now? Have you checked the transmission master/slave cylinders fer any issues? What condition is the fluid? Has it been changed out and bled of air lately? How is the pedal feel? At what point is the clutch engaging when yer letting the pedal out? ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an '08 Solara with the same transmission shifting issues; delay/lag on downshifts. And I as well can't believe Toyota considers this normal, secure and have sustained to use it in the newer models.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So my 2007 Toyota Tacoma 6 speed manual is not wanting to go into gear or has trouble going into gear when the transmission is cold but when the transmission is warmed up it has no problem shifting. I have checked the fluid is full. Thank you
How's your research so far? My uncle is looking at a '08 Tacoma with almost the same problem. We'll just finish installing the railings and vent visor plus tint on the current truck project before we can check the Tacoma. Owner said it got let it warm for about 5mins before it can get into gears smoothly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How's your research so far? My uncle is looking at a '08 Tacoma with almost the same problem. We'll just finish installing the railings and vent visor plus tint on the current truck project before we can check the Tacoma. Owner said it got let it warm for about 5mins before it can get into gears smoothly.
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. i just shared my opinion as it's happened with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
William Jonson
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing