Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have bought toyota camry 2000, 133000 km in toronto. 4door 4 cylinder auto/power.
Now whenever i drive ,on raching about 20 to 30 kilomete speed, it slips / jerk every time.
Please let me know what is it.I checked the transmission oil is red and clear.no blackkish material.level of oil is ok.there is no leak at the bottom.
1-Is this total transmission damaged.
2-or clutch need to be replaced.
3-it is normal.
Kindly let me know ,what should i do and how much it go na cost.I do not have any warranty .

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
mdmm said:
Hi,
[snip] Kindly let me know ,what should i do and how much it go na cost.I do not have any warranty .

The only way to do a proper trans diagnosis is to do it hands-on and with the proper tools.

Go to a transmission shop in or near T'rana and have them do the diag. It might be a simple adjustment, but you won't know until they have done the diag. Ask several friends which trans shop they trust.

On "flushing": unless trans service was done at the regualr recommended intervals since new, I do not recommend them as a service answer. You end up disturbing the buildup of particles that serve to maintan a seal with worn components, and you create more problems than you fix. It's too big a risk. Either do the service regularly, or don't do it.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
950 Posts
Consider also what you are experiencing may be an engine problem, not a transmission problem. Get a competent diagnosis.

·
Registered
184 Posts
mdmm said:
I checked the transmission oil is red and clear.no blackkish material.level of oil is ok.
Are you talking about the dipstick ?
If you drain and refill you will probably be surprised how dark and stinky it is.
My $.02
Buy a case of Toyota ATF, drain and refill 3 times after driving a bit between each fill.
Worth a try before you pay for diagnostics. ATF is cheap in the grand scheme of things.
You could start by pulling the pan and check/clean the filter.
Also here is a Honda TSB for Civic's with your symptoms. Linear solendoid is an easy fix replacement on a Civic.
Could be clutch pack also ?

SYMPTOM:
The transmission shifts harshly, or it may stay in first gear. The MIL may be on with DTC P0730 or P0715 stored.
PROBABLE CAUSE:
Contamination of the linear solenoid and its associated passages inside the transmission.
SYMPTOM:
The transmission shifts harshly, or it may stay in first gear. The MIL may be on with DTC P0730 or P0715 stored.
PROBABLE CAUSE:
Contamination of the linear solenoid and its associated passages inside the transmission.

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
Since 133000 km is 82,642 miles, if you have never serviced your transmission, DON'T go running new fluid through it now in an effort to avoid a diagnosis and possible repair. You CAN cause more problems than you have now. If a shop makes a repair and changes the fluid, you have a warranty to cover whatever happens after that repair.

If you cause more problems, you have no recourse except to have an expensive repair done, out of pocket.

You still need a diagnosis, from a competant shop that does guaranteed work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts