Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
mdmm said:
Hi,
[snip] Kindly let me know ,what should i do and how much it go na cost.I do not have any warranty .

The only way to do a proper trans diagnosis is to do it hands-on and with the proper tools.

Go to a transmission shop in or near T'rana and have them do the diag. It might be a simple adjustment, but you won't know until they have done the diag. Ask several friends which trans shop they trust.

On "flushing": unless trans service was done at the regualr recommended intervals since new, I do not recommend them as a service answer. You end up disturbing the buildup of particles that serve to maintan a seal with worn components, and you create more problems than you fix. It's too big a risk. Either do the service regularly, or don't do it.

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
Since 133000 km is 82,642 miles, if you have never serviced your transmission, DON'T go running new fluid through it now in an effort to avoid a diagnosis and possible repair. You CAN cause more problems than you have now. If a shop makes a repair and changes the fluid, you have a warranty to cover whatever happens after that repair.

If you cause more problems, you have no recourse except to have an expensive repair done, out of pocket.

You still need a diagnosis, from a competant shop that does guaranteed work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts