Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For the folks who have completed this for their '19 vehicles: Did it help?

Does anyone also know if T-SB-0330-17 that was for '18, does this new TSB replace it?

Thanks!
IC

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,570 Posts
It's the same TSB, toyota just added 2019 vehicles to it.. then probably 2020 vehicles later on. Some say it works, others say it doesn't work, others say it works for the first 1000 miles then it's back to the hesitation. It also depends on the tech that does it and if that tech does it correctly.

·
Registered
615 Posts
For the folks who have completed this for their '19 vehicles: Did it help?

Does anyone also know if T-SB-0330-17 that was for '18, does this new TSB replace it?
Can you share the rest of this one? The text in the screenshot shows a recent revision, we should see if anything changed besides adding 2018s to it.

TSB 0330-17 was for a different issue (shift shock when putting the car into gear). TSB 0152-19 is for the issue with poor downshift programming, most easily reproduced by slowing down to around 5mph and then accelerating again. If it feels like the transmission is slipping for a second before it gets into gear, TSB 0152-19 should fix it.

It's the same TSB, toyota just added 2019 vehicles to it.. then probably 2020 vehicles later on. Some say it works, others say it doesn't work, others say it works for the first 1000 miles then it's back to the hesitation. It also depends on the tech that does it and if that tech does it correctly.
The TSB that OP posted was originally for the 2019s, it looks like they added the 2018s and maybe made some other changes. This is important because I think the previous 2018 TSB was only for specific VINs, while the 2019 TSB is supposed to be done on any car that exhibits the problem of poor downshifts when taking off from a rolling stop. If so, some 2018 owners that got denied the original TSB fix might be able to get it done under this updated TSB. I'm also curious to see if this could now include V6 owners too.

As for the people that said the issue came back, I suspect those dealers didn't actually do the update and instead probably just wiped out the ECU and let it re-learn how to shift. Anyone who didn't notice a difference or said that the issue returned should check their paperwork to see what the dealer actually did.

Actually I just re-read TSB 0330-17 and noticed it has nothing to do with the transmission complaints I read about these cars. So technically this might be the first time that non-2019s can get the right fix applied.

I had my 2019 SE done at 10K (800 miles ago) and it made a huge difference in how the car downshifts. I'm completely happy with it now.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Can anybody with access to Techstream Services confirm if the T-SB-0152-19 REV.1 has a CAN Market equivalent? I'll storm my Dealer, break the doors and make him apply it under my eyes!

·
Registered
2011 Prius
116 Posts
I just reflashed an 18 XSE I4 earlier. The software has been released since 12/2019 but the TSB was just recently updated.

The reflash only took about 15 min but the post-reflash test drive can be quite challenging to complete if you do not live in a rural area.

After the reflash (and before doing the required drive patterns), the difference was immediately obvious. The trans does not shift perfect but the behaviors are now very acceptable.

·
REV
142 Posts
I bought my 2019 in July 2019.i tok it to a dealership and told them to apply but they said my system software version is higher/newer than stated in the tsb so I don't need the tsb. my car obviously have this issue. did the dealer just jerked me off? should I try another dealership?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took my 2019 XSE I4 in for it’s 5k service and told the service manager about the funky low speed lagging issue I was having. Initially he told me they could not reproduce the problem but came back while I was waiting and told me that after another test drive, the -19 update would be installed. Though still not perfect, it’s much better than it was!
HTH,
MARK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts