Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 3.5 with 104k, I'm starting to notice when cold, and shifting from reverse to drive the cars engine revs, but doesn,t move, just for a second or two, then the trans kicks in and everything is fine, I've always serviced the trans regularly, I checked the fluid hot and it doesn't quite read full,but not down to the add indicator,the camry became my third car, so it doesn,t get driven daily anymore, usually driven wkly now, Is this a sign of a pending major problem? anybody have a clue whats causing this? thanks in advance!! (Oh! this is my wifes old car and she's real bad about shifting from reverse to drive while still moving backwards)

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate that! Guess I'll have to shoot her! Sure is a cherry 96 though, can't spend anymore money on it!! Please somebody tell me porkch0p is wrong!!!

·
Official TN P.I.M.P.
98 Toyota Camry
179 Posts
Sorry, dog. You in the beginning stages of transmissionlessness. Better start saving up that paper.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
The seals in the transmission are getting hard and not containing the fluid under pressure. This problem is worse when the weather is cold. Look for a transmission additive that softens seals or conditions the internal seals. Read the directions, add the appropriate amount and see if that helps the transmission go into gear quicker.
If this is the only symptom you have, I would never suggest that based on this alone you spend a dime trying to make this better. Because the only repair for this type of a problem is a complete overhaul. Wait until other symptoms appear and create the need for a complete trans overhaul.

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer! I checked to trans when I got home from work and it has plenty of dexron in it cold, started it up and she did fine no slipping this time...........I wonder how long it'll last! any ideas on the amount of paper I'll need to fix it, anybody, please help I don't want to get ripped!

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
csaxon said:
Looks like we posted microsecs apart.
Ya we did kinda freaky, thanks I'll look at trans additives, and pick one.
Sure hopes this fixes it. Thanks for the hope!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts