Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

Hello there

I am moving from california to Phoenix next week, I travel very light so I am just going to rent a car to make the drive. I got a really god deal thanks to a friend who works at the company. I am only taking a few small things and dont think i need anything to big, however one thing i am taking that is of considerable size is my electric scooter, I am posting a link to the specs on the companys site and to a forum where i posted lots of pics of it. I cant leave it behind i bought it cheap while here and rehabbed it and would feel awful leaving it here to rot.

I am trying to get a Toyota RAV4 to make the 900 mile drive, the car company doesnt think everything will fit in the rav4 and is trying to get me to upgrade to a higher class luxury vehicle

I am hoping some real live toyota owners can shed some light on the truth of this matter,

I am taking

1 office desk (briken down into pieces longest piece is 31" long by 23" wide (all pieces will lay flat)
1 office chair (also broken down to pieces) biggest piece 21" by 19"
two suitcases and 1 box,
two laptops , one in case
box of misc electronics stuff

now the big stuff

I am transporting the scooter of course, i will remove one pedal off of one side and lay it flat in the rear cargo area, i will remove its tiny trunk and bracket that attaches to the scooter rear. there is no oil and gas since it is all electric

Also i am transporting one mountain bike 26" mens, i will take the seat and both tires off of that as well

any help at all ASAP would be great, i suspect they will give me a 2013-2014 model probably no older

the links to the scooter showing factory specs are

http://www.bajamotorsports.com/categories/scooters/products/Be500

and the forum where you can see tons of pics for this machine i rebuilt are at

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/12391-baja-be500-electric-scooter

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't think all that stuff will fit into a RAV or any other small or even mid-size SUV. Why not rent a small Uhaul truck? You can rent it one-way.
Another issue is that any damage you cargo will make to the car's interior, the rental company will make you pay for it. With a Uhaul you don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all good points

the difference is about 600 bucks with a uhaul and thats not counting gas, aside from the scooter i have fit more then that in a grand prix before

Im getting the insurance so if the car gets scuffed its not out of pocket

this is the most economical solution

·
Registered
60 Posts
And why not rent a pick-up truck? Some rental companies have pick-ups (National, Enterprise).
Agree. I'd believe that renting a Ford F-150 or a Sierra would be suffice for all of those things? I'm not entirely sure how much it would cost, but it probably is a better option :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A pickup would be sweet, anyone know where i could get one, (keep in mind Her** is where i got my really good deal, if i was paying full price for the rental uhaul would make more sense however with the deal Her** is the best option

If anyone has any research im in 95403 and would love to know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
toyotatraveller
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing