Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..
I know, I know this thing is cake to install whats your problem... We'll I went to install the "Hose Barb Fitting" and the brass incert in the tube is all oblong and messed up and I can't get the barb fitting to thread.. Did any of you guys that have these run into this? If so how did you resolve it?

Sorry for the high res pic it's the only way I could get a pic that shows the messed up incert. I you zoom in in the upper left corner I'm hopping you can see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
947 Posts
andybellus said:
Hey guys..
I know, I know this thing is cake to install whats your problem... We'll I went to install the "Hose Barb Fitting" and the brass incert in the tube is all oblong and messed up and I can't get the barb fitting to thread.. Did any of you guys that have these run into this? If so how did you resolve it?

Sorry for the high res pic it's the only way I could get a pic that shows the messed up incert. I you zoom in in the upper left corner I'm hopping you can see what I'm talking about.
Mine was fine out of the box. You didn't over tighten it by any chance did you? If so, it could torque on the plastic. What you want, is a snug fit, with teflon tape, but not to the point where it is flush, as it won't be flush.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope I didn't do any thing to it... this thing was FUBAR from the get go.. I called the dealer I got this from right after I noticed this(in the middle of the install) and they are sending a replacement tube... This looks to be a manufacture defect.

·
2x Tacoma Owner
'06 D-Cab, TRD Sport
44 Posts
Help Wanted

I have a different problem with my TRD CAI install.

The "trim seal" that is supposed to cover the "air filter housing inlet" in the early steps of the process is too long. When I press it down onto the ring that is the inlet, and wrap it around, its too long by about 1.5''.

Am I supposed to have to cut the thing?

Anyone else have this issue? If so, what's the best way to cut it?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts