Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt
637 Posts
The Takeda air intake looks great. I like how it's fully enclosed. Where does it draw air from? Exterior from the stock bumper entry?
Looks like oem cold air tube

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,638 Posts
The Takeda air intake looks great. I like how it's fully enclosed. Where does it draw air from? Exterior from the stock bumper entry?
Well, it's a cute little piece of a kit with a small filter... More expensive and restrictive than Injen intake with SuperNano-Web dry air filter when selecting AFE's Pro DRY S filter.

Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro DRY S Media | aFe POWER

SP2081P - Injen SP Short Ram Cold Air Intake System Polished | Injen Technology

X-1014-BB - Injen Technology SuperNano-Web Air Filter | Injen Technology

·
Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt
637 Posts
Well, it's a cute little piece of a kit with a small filter... More expensive and restrictive than Injen intake with SuperNano-Web dry air filter when selecting AFE's Pro DRY S filter.

Takeda Momentum Cold Air Intake System w/ Pro DRY S Media | aFe POWER

You can also opt for x-1014-BR oiled injen filter instead of x-1014-BB dry filter it comes with- if you don't care about oiled and want even more air flow

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,638 Posts
You can also opt for x-1014-BR oiled injen filter instead of x-1014-BB dry filter it comes with- if you don't care about oiled and want even more air flow
Injen's exclusive SuperNano-Web air filter technology is pretty hard to beat.

With a rich history in racing and street performance, Injen Technology has proven itself as a leader in filtration engineering and technology. Lab tested and race proven, Injen’s air filter line features state of the art designs and performance. All SuperNano-Web air filters feature a proprietary media that includes and high-flow base media with a highly efficient Nano membrane applied on top. This allows our SuperNano-Web media to flow the maximum amount of air, all while protecting your valuable engine from harmful dirt and debris. 100% cleanable with a light blast of compressed air and requiring no oil to function properly, you’ll never have to worry about your MAF sensor becoming dirty from over oiling your air filter again!

LAB TESTED – RACE PROVEN!
Our media was lab tested by an outside lab to ensure accuracy and filtration performance. We then took that data and tested in the harshest conditions by racing the Baja 1000 in Mexico and also throughout the sand dunes of the Middle East – all to provide you with best air filter that money can buy.

IMPROVE PERFORMANCE WHILE PROTECTING YOUR ENGINE
Injen’s High-flow SuperNano-Web media was designed to improve airflow and filtration efficiency resulting in increased horsepower and torque, all while protecting your engine from harmful dirt and contaminants.

Our engineers have painstakingly designed the intake to provide the highest levels of safe power, along with clean aesthetics that will impress every time you open your hood. In addition to the impressive power increase, the Injen team has ensured that a safe Air fuel (A/F) ratio has been maintained throughout the power band.

Additionally, the SP2081 intake includes a fully serviceable Injen SuperNano-Web dry air filter, which provides increased filter surface area allowing for greater airflow and unbeatable filtration.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,785 Posts
It said from the same place as the stock air box.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,785 Posts
Unfortunately I live in California. So no carb sticker.

So where the cheapest site to get TRD intake? And I'd like to run Dry filter vs the oiled filter. Rather not mess with that.
I agree with the dry filter choice. California isn't the place to live when you are a car enthusiast.

·
straight cash homie
21,315 Posts
I agree with the dry filter choice. California isn't the place to live when you are a car enthusiast.
Funny thing is, California is where a lot of us live, where many of the aftermarket companies are based (still) and the most car shows and meets per capita.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yeah, in the auto industry in CA. Sure, bad place to mod. Still booming in modders and aftermarket companies here. But then again, huge product imports run in our veins. The parts you buy likely touched base in CA well before it gets in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
straight cash homie
21,315 Posts
Yeah, in the auto industry in CA. Sure, bad place to mod. Still booming in modders and aftermarket companies here. But then again, huge product imports run in our veins. The parts you buy likely touched base in CA well before it gets in your hands.

K&N, Injen and aFe are in So Cal, yet can't sell their products here (n)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yeah, used all of those company products on personal and friends cars. Been to the Injen facility. One thing most people don’t know is that all that new product testing for intake, exhaust, headlight, taillight, spoilers, carbon fiber parts are all designed, tested, fitted, tuned... here comes the surprise... on a California road vehicle. Lol

Edit: Been to Centric also, aka Stoptech.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah I imagine they just don't want to pay the cert fees? Or whatever it is it takes to get that carb sticker. That No one else requires. I imagine if the vehicle is popular enough to justify the cost they might?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,785 Posts
Funny thing is, California is where a lot of us live, where many of the aftermarket companies are based (still) and the most car shows and meets per capita.
And it's also a place that many of us used to live and got fed up with the ridiculous rules and regulations. It's a great place to visit for cars shows and many other things but not to live.

·
straight cash homie
21,315 Posts
And it's also a place that many of us used to live and got fed up with the ridiculous rules and regulations. It's a great place to visit for cars shows and many other things but not to live.
The problem with California is not so much the rules, but it is a cost of living issue, especially housing. I probably won't be leaving because of family and friends, but Vegas and Arizona are always enticing, but less so now since housing there has increased.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,785 Posts
The problem with California is not so much the rules, but it is a cost of living issue, especially housing. I probably won't be leaving because of family and friends, but Vegas and Arizona are always enticing, but less so now since housing there has increased.
That is one of the reasons I moved to WA State back in 1990. Luckily I paid off my house a couple of years ago so I don't have to worry about the latest surge in housing prices.

·
Administrator
カローラxrs
12,583 Posts
Considering the pricing, you get more house for the money compared to OC, LA county, and most of cali. Prices are on the rise due to demand. Most are competing with cash buyers and are losing. The longer one waits, the more pricey it will become.

Nice thing about arizona, less traffic and not much gridlock or rubber necking. Fuel is more affordable too. Not to mention, no PG&E or Edison price gouging.

At one point, I didn't want to leave my family. But the time came to raise my own family in a different place. Am so glad I took the plunge. Less stress and more affordable. No double taxation and dumb ass road tax.

·
Registered
232 Posts
All of which is why I love being a Texan 🤠

·
straight cash homie
21,315 Posts
Considering the pricing, you get more house for the money compared to OC, LA county, and most of cali. Prices are on the rise due to demand. Most are competing with cash buyers and are losing. The longer one waits, the more pricey it will become.

Nice thing about arizona, less traffic and not much gridlock or rubber necking. Fuel is more affordable too. Not to mention, no PG&E or Edison price gouging.

At one point, I didn't want to leave my family. But the time came to raise my own family in a different place. Am so glad I took the plunge. Less stress and more affordable. No double taxation and dumb ass road tax.
True...LA, OC and SF are extremely overpriced. I wanted to move to the Valley three years ago, but it didn't happen. Now I check Zillow and the prices are "skyhigh". I have since moved to a more affordable part of California and now, even the house I bought has appreciated too because other folks like myself fled the bigger metros. I live in a city where PG&E is the PUC but I have solar! But yeah, Arizona doesn't require a front plate and the gas prices are much lower. Even the gas stations in Ehrenberg are cheaper than that their counterparts in Blythe.

Just speaking of which, Toyota Financial is growing its footprint in Chandler. I've a few friends that moved to the area to work there, since they closed down a lot of the smaller offices that they had, including the one I temped at years ago.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,785 Posts
All of which is why I love being a Texan 🤠
There are a lot of positive things about living in Texas but I could never live in a state that has no mountains. The roads that mountains provide for fun driving is second to none. That's one of the things I love about WA State.

·
Administrator
カローラxrs
12,583 Posts
True...LA, OC and SF are extremely overpriced. I wanted to move to the Valley three years ago, but it didn't happen. Now I check Zillow and the prices are "skyhigh". I have since moved to a more affordable part of California and now, even the house I bought has appreciated too because other folks like myself fled the bigger metros. I live in a city where PG&E is the PUC but I have solar! But yeah, Arizona doesn't require a front plate and the gas prices are much lower. Even the gas stations in Ehrenberg are cheaper than that their counterparts in Blythe.

Just speaking of which, Toyota Financial is growing its footprint in Chandler. I've a few friends that moved to the area to work there, since they closed down a lot of the smaller offices that they had, including the one I temped at years ago.
Yeah I saw that too! It's close to where I work.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts