Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mine is better than yours
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the TRD Exhaust today for my truck from www.ToyotaTerritory.com . They are offering free shipping this month, but do to the size of the exhaust, they had to charge an oversized item fee of $20.00.

Just in case anyone has been on the fence getting one because the shipping is astonomical on this item.

I know, everyone will be saying to just replace the muffler. I thought about it and listened to all the sound clips I could find, and the TRD just seems to have the sound I'm looking for.

Marc M

·
Registered
121 Posts
I hate it when people have a poorly designed website...just frustrating. Other than that, seems like a decent deal. Personally I'd go with another option, but that is why they make so many.

-Barry-

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I wonder if my local Toyota dealership will match online prices on the TRD exhaust? This way I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Toyota doesn't charge shipping costs when you order parts through a dealership.

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pb said:
I wonder if my local Toyota dealership will match online prices on the TRD exhaust? This way I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Toyota doesn't charge shipping costs when you order parts through a dealership.

Even better, if the dealership doesn't have the part in stock, why can't I purchase from them, and have the warehouse ship it to my local dealership for pickup.

It may be an inventory thing, or maybe they just aren't that smart, who knows.

Marc M

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
The dealership can also have it shipped to your house. Usually UPS delivers the parts from the warehouse to the dealership, so having it go from the warehouse to your house doesn't really cost them any extra money.

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jacobi said:
I hate it when people have a poorly designed website...just frustrating. Other than that, seems like a decent deal. Personally I'd go with another option, but that is why they make so many.

-Barry-
I used to work with a guy named Barry Jacobi, every time I see you post it reminds me of him.

Marc M

·
Registered
121 Posts
Marc M said:
I used to work with a guy named Barry Jacobi, every time I see you post it reminds me of him.

Marc M
Where at Herb, I've lived in a lot of places?

·
Troyslegacy
155 Posts
Must buy in Hawai'i

I ordered the exhaust today. I could not pass on it with the free shippng. Usually an exhaust being shipped to Hawai'i will cost between $100-200 in just shipping fees. If it gets there without being banged up I may order another just to sell it. All of the dealers in Hawai'i also mark the exhaust up because it costs more to ship it. Will repost when it arrives in good condition. Aloha!

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jacobi said:
Where at Herb, I've lived in a lot of places?
Well it's quite far from you. The Barry I knew worked in Monroeville PA for a company called CTDI.

troyslegacy, The free shipping was posted in the "Vendors" section on Custom Tacos. There is another guy offering 25% off of parts for members, but it's the same price on any website. He also posted he will meet or beat anyones prices (mostly beat), so when I asked him to beat ToyotaTerritory's price, he told ME to "beat it".:lol:

Marc M

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exhaust arrived yesterday. bare metal, no box, but he tip was carefully wrapped, and survived the 6 different handoffs from depot to depot, before it landed on my back porch.

The piece is very nice looking, built well, and the exhaust tip is huge. It is the oval tip.

Now I just need some nicer weather so I can get it put on, and not have to roll around in the slush in my driveway.

Marc M

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
Enjoy. Really completes the truck. Once you have it on, it'll be even more fun shifting. And no more rusting exhaust.

·
05 prerunner trd off road
05 taco prerunner
32 Posts
Marc M said:
Even better, if the dealership doesn't have the part in stock, why can't I purchase from them, and have the warehouse ship it to my local dealership for pickup.

It may be an inventory thing, or maybe they just aren't that smart, who knows.

Marc M
Toyota will only ship directly to the dealership that orders it. no drop shipping. and the whole ship it to another dealer thing, if toyota would do it, the other dealer will not want to deal with it because they are not making any money.

AND i can match that deal!!!!!!

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
Marc M said:
Exhaust arrived yesterday. bare metal, no box, but he tip was carefully wrapped, and survived the 6 different handoffs from depot to depot, before it landed on my back porch.

The piece is very nice looking, built well, and the exhaust tip is huge. It is the oval tip.

Now I just need some nicer weather so I can get it put on, and not have to roll around in the slush in my driveway.

Marc M
That's what garages are for ;-)

Fortunatly I ordered mine before the snow hit. Install is pretty straight forward, just keep the exhaust tip wrapped until you have the exhaust bolted up, to eliminate any potential for scratching. Also try to scrap off all of the packing stickers on the muffler itself

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
zmtnbik said:
That's what garages are for ;-)
I could barely get the exhaust in my garage, not to mention my truck. I'll probably end up doing it in my dads 40x60 building down on the farm where I do most of my vehicle work now.

Marc M

·
'06 Dbl-Cab 4x4 Taco
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
TRD Exhaust now installed

Installed the exhaust today TRD (bosal) and I really like the way it looks and sounds. It was extremely simple to do which I figured it would be. I reused the exhaust donut since the dealer didn't have any in stock and would cost $22+ dollars to order. It still looked like new with 30,000 miles on the truck, it even still had the graphite like coating on it.

I did notice it gets to the rev limiter faster. Now I will be looking into getting the TRD CAI to balance out the package.

The stock Y-pipe is extremely restrictive and also needs addressed. I know URD has one for the 2WD folks and hope they are developing one for the other half with the 4WD.

Marc

·
Troyslegacy
155 Posts
I ordered on the 7th of January and still have not received my exhaust. I had an e-mail sent to me on the 8th saying the exhaust was back ordered and I should have it in 10 days. Well here it is the 28th and I still don't have it. I e-mailed them on the 22nd to check the status and never received a reply. I am kind of scared about the way you said it was wrapped. I hope it doesn't get banged up coming unwrapped to Hawaii. I hope this does not turn into a shipping disaster. I will update when I have received the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts