Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...it took me 3 hours but i finally got it done. installed the trd quickshifter which works amazing. this time i got it right. the throws are much shorter and its a charm to shift gears now. and also installed the front strut brace. big thanks goes out to XrsMonster for helping me out on both installations. however he managed to bolt the front strut brace without taking the wiper assembly and plastics off. too bad i got to that message after i was done. but i still dont know how did he manage to do it without taking stuff off lol. anyway here are some of the pics. apologize for the quality, was thru my phone. i tried doing the rear sway bar but i just cant get those bolts to come loose. i might end up taking it to a shop to get it installed. its a half hour job with the right tools. the car corners good already with just the strut brace. more rigid and firm. :thumbsup:

let me know if anyone has any questions. also if anyone in the edmonton area needs help with the installations let me know. i'd be willing to help out. :thumbsup:

·
straight cash homie
22,846 Posts
That TRD FSB looks MUCH beefier than the stock one.

Matches the car's colour perfectly :)
I agree. As much as I like the TRD bar, is there much of a difference going to say the TRD FSB versus keeping the OEM one? Since there is one on the car already, I can't justify spending more money on a part that the car already has (note to self: should've bought an S lol).

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is slightly off topic but when you get the TRD Air Filter does it come with that sticker that's on your air box? If not then what is that TRD sticker on your airbox?

That strut tower brace looks very nice though!!!
yes that sticker comes with the trd air filter. just cautions whoever is doing maintainance to not throw away the filter as it is reusable.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. As much as I like the TRD bar, is there much of a difference going to say the TRD FSB versus keeping the OEM one? Since there is one on the car already, I can't justify spending more money on a part that the car already has (note to self: should've bought an S lol).
there is indeed a noticeable difference in handling and cornering with the trd bar. the stock one was good but this is better.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what is the whole benefit of having this bar installed? I know nothing about cars :headbang:
it reduces flex, body roll, improves steering precision and the rides feels firm when cornering. drive a car with this bar and drive one without it. you will feel the difference. i dont know how to explain it any better lol....just google it and you will find lots of explanations for it. ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got my rear sway bar installed today by the dealership. for all those in edmonton, i got it from mayfield toyota. they gave me a discount on labour since i purchased the car from there. car really handles well now. they put back that rubber damper in the center of the bar again, shud i just leave it on or take it off ? dont know what to do with my stock FSB and RSB. if anyone wants them lemme know. willing to give both of them away together for $150 canadian.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Xrs
12 Posts
you have to admit having them both installed is nice. i've got the whole TRD suspension package, FSB, RSB and lowering springs. My baby turns on a dime. Love it! Much better than stock.:banana:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i could'nt help but wonder why didnt toyota go with a straight thick bar (like the trd) which would have been cheaper to produce for toyota rather than that nitrogen filled suspension strut brace ?? why go thru all that trouble ? is there some advantage with the stock that we all seem to be missing ? i am sure toyota did their research rite.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,678 Posts
i could'nt help but wonder why didnt toyota go with a straight thick bar (like the trd) which would have been cheaper to produce for toyota rather than that nitrogen filled suspension strut brace ?? why go thru all that trouble ? is there some advantage with the stock that we all seem to be missing ? i am sure toyota did their research rite.
First reason is I'm pretty sure that not everyone appreciates stiffer heavier steering that a thicker front strut bar offers. Second reason is that Toyota can split up their revenue streams whereby those who want to upgrade will have to spend more, creating more revenue from their TRD parts. Simple business, it's all about the bottom line.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.