Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keeping with the tradition of getting mods that make my car faster :lol: is there a TRD gas cap out there that fits the gen 3? Im looking for a nice metal one to match my oil cap and radiator cap. I found a cover for the existing one but thats about it. Lemme know if you know of one and where to get it :cool: thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've read somewhere here where aftermarket gas caps are known to cause problems (such as leaks). I can't confirm it, but it'd be good to consider and look into it. If it's true, go for the snap-on cover!

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooo thanks for the info, if thats the case Ill forget it. The cover looks sort of cheap to me. It was just a thought, thanks fox!

·
Odaiba Romance
358 Posts
LOL, at least Damon is smart enough to stick with the same motor company. I saw a trecel here not too long ago with a custom fit m3 whale tale, and badging. Add in the e-bay N1 knockoff muffler and we're talking 300hp gains. LOL:lol:

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
shingouki808 said:
LOL, at least Damon is smart enough to stick with the same motor company. I saw a trecel here not too long ago with a custom fit m3 whale tale, and badging. Add in the e-bay N1 knockoff muffler and we're talking 300hp gains. LOL:lol:
:lol: Niiiiiiiiiiice, just like my car is a Mercedes...

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
hahahaha... ricer, pfft

:lol:

jk, dame.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow you guys are so helpful, thanks!:lol:

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
i put on an aftermarket gas cap on my car because my original failed the car inspection due to a bad seal. a week later i poped on a cool looking aftermarket one and went back to get my car tested again. failed again because the seal on the new one was improperly made and couldnt make a tight seal. went to the dealer and bought an OEM one and my car finally passed!

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thats the only one ive found and its just a plastic cap. I thought they made a really nice one but I guess not. Thanks for the help anyways guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts