Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) TRD exhaust? Is it too noisy like a fart can?

2.) TRD lowering springs? How's the ride quality, is it bouncy? Do I need to get a camber kit? Is it a hassle going over speed bumps?

3.) TRD Tower and rear lower strut bar? Worth the money?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Everything is stock except for the wheels. I have the 2008 Scion TC rims with bridgestone tires 205/40/17

It's my wife's car but I'll be driving it to save gas and she will be driving the 2008 Acura TL Type S. Thought I'd mod it a lil to get some excitement out of it.

·
2,636 Posts
The TRD exhuast is a nice subtle exhaust. It has a nice tone to it. Not noisy at all, esspecially not "an angry bee in a coffee can" sound. I think you'd like it.

The suspension is nice. Also subtle. It's not bouncy like a lot of aftermarket springs and it's designed to work with your factory struts so blowing them apart isn't a concern.

The front tower brace you might like. It will give the car a tighter feel that you'll notice durring cornering.
The rear bar you might not notice as much. It's a nice addition to the front but, if you aren't going to be autocrossing your D, it might be overkill.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I'd update this post lol

So I went with TRD struts and rear sway bar. Impression, definitely helped with body roll and hitting bumps during a turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Ronie012
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing