Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 Toyota Camry Sportivo 2.4L that was purchased in Australia. This question goes out to you guys and also others if they know wat im on bout.

Does ne1 know the difference between the TRD muffler and the Sportivo muffler that is provided from Toyota dealership as an accessory for the Gen 5 camry?

Which muffler would you guys prefer?

Has ne1 in the U.S put a TRD muffler for the Gen 5 camry?
how does it sound and how does performance go?

Or ne1 in Australia has put a Sportivo muffler on the Gen 5 camry?
how does it sound and how does performance go?

Thanks!

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
i believe initial-t is right, i just checked the toyota australia muffler on their website. and to me in my opinion, it looks like a stock muffler and all they did is add an exhaust tip at the end so it just looks a little bit more "classy/sporty." since on their website they mention about it being having a little 'bit more tone' with the tip screwed on to the muffler. in my humble opinon, it's kind of like buying in the US an autozone/pep boy's or something exhaust tip to have that tone or something.

in our trd muffler in the united states, our's is in a stainless steel more of a shiny muffler all through and they weld different components i guess. and it looks quite slightly a tad bigger. but of course the exhaust tone is a bit louder since they mentioned it's 95db or so? in addition to that there's an increase of 3hp+ to anwhere around 10% or so *which varies on what type of setup is done and so on.*

sportivo muffler

trd muffler

there's the image... the sportivo muffler kind of looks like the SE muffler here just with the stock exhaust chrome tip? :confused:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Any pics?

I would go with the sportivo. Even if the TRD gives a little more performance, I can't remember the last time I saw any major performance gains from an exhaust (unless you have an entirely built car). So either one will work fine :)

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
i got a gen5 I'm about to order the exhaust soon....I would go wit TRD....

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
keep in mind tho the TRD one doesn't have an angled tip like the sportivo exhaust. if that's a factor with anyone i don't know. it looks good with sportivo tip on the stock bumper.

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
95db?? wow thats not even legal here, i think the limit here is 92 or 93db. i though these factory performance mufflers were only mildly loud... yeh id jus with the sportivo, 95 db is too loud for a daily

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price difference between the TRD and Sportivo would b alot i think
Toyota dealhership quoted me The price for the Sports Muffler:

PZQ1933020 $326.70AUS inc tax no installation tho thats obviously extra
how does that sound?
If TRD is priced closer there i would lean towards that but if the price is much dearer hmm i have 2 save up!

I have emailed one of toyota dealership regarding the sportivo muffler as an accessory vs the stock muffler on the sportivo models in australia and dis is wat they replied:

MUFFLER

The difference in flow rate is not known
The OE muffler uses valves which open and close to improve power output
The Sports Muffler is a straight thru design tuned mainly to get the right exhaust note
It is an easier flowing muffler that gives some extra power across the rev range

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
BlackSportivo said:
MUFFLER

The difference in flow rate is not known
The OE muffler uses valves which open and close to improve power output
The Sports Muffler is a straight thru design tuned mainly to get the right exhaust note
It is an easier flowing muffler that gives some extra power across the rev range

the way they put it, they make the muffler sound as if it's hi-tech and very special....

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
interesting info though:thumbup:

oh yea... as for the muffler price, the trd muffler the price that i can get for it comes pretty close near your price for the sportivo muffler that's in your aus. dollars... but here in us dollars the price or deal i can find is around in the 320s

·
Registered
363 Posts
borla has a catback that's cheaper than the trd muffler.

i don't know anyone who has one so no one can answer my question if it actually is a catback.

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
i've heard some mix reviews on the borla... some say it has a nice tone or it's alright... other says it's not loud enough it's kind of so so, however some of the review says it's sorta like another generation to master muffler or something like that?
however, there has been a few that borla and trd muffler somehow work together? besides one will still have better flow for their ride...:thumbup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I may consider getting the borla exhaust, but it might be a while, maybe next year :lol:
hopefully someone who has it can give us a review

1 - 17 of 17 Posts