Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting seat covers for my 2005 TRD Off Road front bucket seats. I was looking at the TRD seat covers and the Wet Okoles brand seat covers. Does anyone know which fits better and is of better quality? I want to get a set that'll fit as perfect as can be and provide protection at the same time. I go to the beach a lot so it's better if it's a little water resistant. Any help appreciated.

:naughty:

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
The TRD seat covers, with "TRD" on them are for the sport seats. The ones that come with the TRD package. The "Tacoma" seat covers are for the other seats. I believe the SR5 package.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
The Toyota TRD seat covers are the single best investment I have made in this truck to date.

I can't speak for everybody, but mine fit like a condom, and look awesome.

I know Wet Okole (or however they spell it) makes a good product too, but I think I'm gonna hold off to see if Toyota plans to have a matching rear seat set as well before I put in a custom order with Wet Okole for the rear.

The thing I like most about the covers is the thick rubber center area, and I don't think Wet Okole can match that.... So I'm gonna hold off a little bit longer.

I'm actually REALLY surprised with the high sales of the DC Tacoma that they haven't considered the rear seat covers already... They could have made a lot of money over the holiday season if they had them for sale. I think they would have been on every DC owners X-MAS list.

·
Registered
05 Taco PreR AC TRD
163 Posts
55 is right, TRD seat covers are an absolute must! only down side is they take away some of the comfort of the seat. but the protection is well worth the trade off.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Comfort is arguable.

I thought the seats were too soft before. I like the way they feel after putting the covers on.

·
Registered
456 Posts
[quote='05kesslers]Yeah toyota needs to make covers for the rear. The only thing I can complain about is in the summer the seats are like 150 fucking degrees.[/quote]
This is with the neoprene covers? Does neoprene stick to your skin like vinyl when it gets hot?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got the wet okole's and they fit perfectly. Very snug, very comfortable. They include extra "padding" on the seat and back area which make it feel like you're driving on a very thin pillow - it was a real pleasure to have them on the 6 hour drive up to the mountains. I'll try and get some pictures if you'd like to see what they look like installed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
lZl jody lZl said:
This is with the neoprene covers? Does neoprene stick to your skin like vinyl when it gets hot?
nope! doesn't get hot or cold with the weather (that i've found) and it cuts static electricity (if that's a problem for you.. it sure was for me) down to almost 0%.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
The center of the seats is not neoprene. It's RUBBER... yeah. the thick, BLACK stuff. It's awesome.

But it IS hot. Especially here in the desert sun!

But no, unlike vinyl, it doesn't really STICK to your skin. It just reminds you to put a sunshade in your window in the summer that's all.;)

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
yaytacos said:
nope! doesn't get hot or cold with the weather
Yeah, it's a new form of matter that cannot be affected by heat or the absence of it. It's destined for a Nobel Prize....

I get in my truck in the summer when it's 120 degrees PLUS after the sun has beating down on the seats for hours and I feel like I'm making a snow angel!:ugh3: :disappoin

·
Registered
40 Posts
55reasons said:
Yeah, it's a new form of matter that cannot be affected by heat or the absence of it. It's destined for a Nobel Prize....

I get in my truck in the summer when it's 120 degrees PLUS after the sun has beating down on the seats for hours and I feel like I'm making a snow angel!:ugh3: :disappoin

bleh... ok it doesn't affect where us "normal" people live :rolleyes: , away from the polar extremes of the earth. on the hottest day i've never really noticed it when I got in (unlike leather seats, for example)... but "hot" is a relative word. I consider 90 hot, whereas others prefer to start cooking on the tailgate before they'll budge that it's not "mild". :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
55reasons said:

sweet sweet music. thanks bro. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
on a serious note, (yes I'm trying to seperate my sarcasm from sincere input as to not put a strain on anybody else's panties :lol: ) thanks for the feedback. Has anybody looked at these?

http://www.car-truck-accessories.com...seatcovers.asp

the name sounds super generic but they claim they are the best. you can also put these on seats with the side impact airbags. there are also more choices of colors, materials, and they make a cover for the center console. is that last part standard?

·
Tacoma 4x4 Guy
05 4x4 Tacoma
5 Posts
The TRD Seat Covers Fit like a glove.

yea not the worlds best picture, just too lazy to take more pictures at the moment

·
1nDu57r14L 74c0
'06 Tacoma dbl 4x4
115 Posts
Just got mine in. The plastic tube that goes in the center was a b!tch. still need to work out the kinks.

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
I got the passenger side to to fit like a glove, but the drivers side is such a pain in the butt. I even took a long wooden cooking spoon and tried to push it in even farther, still a little loose.

·
1nDu57r14L 74c0
'06 Tacoma dbl 4x4
115 Posts
BruynBoy said:
I got the passenger side to to fit like a glove, but the drivers side is such a pain in the butt. I even took a long wooden cooking spoon and tried to push it in even farther, still a little loose.

haha, i used a wooden spoon to.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts